Lost iPhone at a party

Contributor

Lost iPhone at a party

So I lost my iPhone at a party and have not been able to find it. I've been looking for it for 3 days and when I call my number it goes straight to voicemail. which sort of assures me no one has found the phone. I believe I don't qualify for an "upgrade" until September. My question is, since I lost my phone would I be able to take advantage of the promotion going on right now of getting an iPhone 3GS for $50 with a 2 year agreement and have them make the new phone use my already existing phone line? Or what options do I have? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (406 Views)
Professor

Re: Lost iPhone at a party

ecamacho1988 wrote:

My question is, since I lost my phone would I be able to take advantage of the promotion going on right now of getting an iPhone 3GS for $50 with a 2 year agreement and have them make the new phone use my already existing phone line?

Losing your phone does not instantly qualify you for full discount pricing.

Check your account via the OLAM to determine when you actually qualify for full discount pricing.

Message 2 of 4 (390 Views)
ACE - Professor

Your only options are to find your phone, or buy a new phone (perhaps a used phone, on ebay?) or use an old phone if you have one - AT&T will replace your sim for free.

Whenever you are eligible for a new device discount (usually every 2 years) you'll have that option as well, but not until your next eligibility date - which sounds like September.

Perhaps your homeowners or renters insurance would cover some of the costs for replacing a lost phone. You might want to check that. Third party insurance sometimes does as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)
Highlighted
Master

ecamacho1988 wrote:

So I lost my iPhone at a party and have not been able to find it. I've been looking for it for 3 days and when I call my number it goes straight to voicemail. which sort of assures me no one has found the phone.

When calling the phone goes straight to voicemail, (does not ring at all) that means either the phone is turned off or the battery is dead. This makes it an even harder quest to find the phone than you probably thought. My brother lost his phone this way and he had to get a new one.

Have you checked the bottom of the pool? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (320 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.