Looking for cheaper service

Contributor

Looking for cheaper service

This is my first post.

I have AT&t service   on TWO phones 

no text  no data    have 850 minutes  with rollover 

If I send a text message it cost .20  each way..

This month  I had only $3.00 for Texting 

but my Wife  will max out the minutes almost every month 

my Bill average  for the two phones  is  $102.00 per month

I was thinking about   changing over to the GO Phone 

which would be  2 x $50.00  plus tax ETC..

But I would  have unlimited TEXT,DATA , and minutes

is the  GO phone like the others  If I call someone on AT&T  they are not charged for 

phone uses minutes?

But my problem is  one of my phones  contract ends 2/24/2012

but the other phone  ends 2/18/2013

will AT&T  change me over to goPhone  without  charges for the old contract..

Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: Looking for cheaper service

Switching to Gophone will leave you with contract exit fees. You could change the one phone over to a gophone when the contract expires.

You don't have unlimited data with the $50/plan if you have a smartphone but doesn't sound like you need it.

I would get a family plan if I were you. http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plan-details/?q_sku=sku3830315&q_planCateg...

Gives you 1400 minutes to share between the phones for $90 + taxes ect. still no text or data.

Only $70 for 700 minutes but if your wife runs it up, likely smarter to get the extra minutes.
Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Re: Looking for cheaper service

I think that a user with GoPhone service will allow AT&T post paid customers free mobile-to-mobile minutes, but not the other way around. It costs me money to dial users that have AT&T post paid or prepaid service.

You will be charged early termination fees if you decided to cancel both contracts. I would wait until both contracts expire until you want to switch to prepaid service, unless you are comfortable paying hundreds of dollars in early termination fees...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (167 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.