Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

Contributor

Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

Is there a "Pick a Plan" offer that has a deal with unlimited text and data like Pay as you go?  If not is there a way that I can switch to a pay as you go plan?  My bill is $180 and that is too high for me.  I need  a plan closer to $60.  Do you have any recommendations?

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

Smartphone or not? If you don't use a smartphone, then the $50 unlimited talk/text/web plan should work quite nicely. If you do have a smartphone, say goodbye to unlimited data. First, though, why is your phone bill $180? Assuming you've got a smartphone and don't need a lot of minutes, it should only be $40 (450 minutes) + $20 (unlimited messaging with unlimited any mobile calling) + $45 (DataPro with Tethering 4GB) = $105+taxes+data overage charges and that's already with the highest available data plan. If you're grandfathered in on unlimited data ($30), then it's $90+taxes. Even the $25/2GB data package on postpaid alone would cost $100 (4 * $25/500MB) on AT&T Pay As You Go.

If you're looking for inexpensive unlimited data, I highly suggest you look elsewhere. The new T-Mobile Monthly 4G plan with 100 minutes/unlimited text/unlimited web (4G up to 5GB, throttled after) for $30 seems like it might suit you quite well.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

I agree. I think the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Web plan would suit you very well if you don't intend on using a smartphone. If you do plan on bringing a smartphone to a GoPhone plan, I would suggest the $0.10 a minute Simple Plan. This is the plan that I use. You can add separate messaging and data packages with the Simple Plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support