Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

Contributor

Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

Is there a "Pick a Plan" offer that has a deal with unlimited text and data like Pay as you go?  If not is there a way that I can switch to a pay as you go plan?  My bill is $180 and that is too high for me.  I need  a plan closer to $60.  Do you have any recommendations?

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

Smartphone or not? If you don't use a smartphone, then the $50 unlimited talk/text/web plan should work quite nicely. If you do have a smartphone, say goodbye to unlimited data. First, though, why is your phone bill $180? Assuming you've got a smartphone and don't need a lot of minutes, it should only be $40 (450 minutes) + $20 (unlimited messaging with unlimited any mobile calling) + $45 (DataPro with Tethering 4GB) = $105+taxes+data overage charges and that's already with the highest available data plan. If you're grandfathered in on unlimited data ($30), then it's $90+taxes. Even the $25/2GB data package on postpaid alone would cost $100 (4 * $25/500MB) on AT&T Pay As You Go.

If you're looking for inexpensive unlimited data, I highly suggest you look elsewhere. The new T-Mobile Monthly 4G plan with 100 minutes/unlimited text/unlimited web (4G up to 5GB, throttled after) for $30 seems like it might suit you quite well.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Looking for a plan with unlimited messaging and data with low talk time

I agree. I think the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Web plan would suit you very well if you don't intend on using a smartphone. If you do plan on bringing a smartphone to a GoPhone plan, I would suggest the $0.10 a minute Simple Plan. This is the plan that I use. You can add separate messaging and data packages with the Simple Plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support