Helpful Links

Looking for a certain type of phone.....

Looking for a certain type of phone.....

Right now I have a freestyle, which, for awhile I was able to just deal with its issues. I then went to my local warranty/customer service center to see if I could upgrade. They told me to download the update for my phone (even though I told them it wouldnt work after reading up on it online), which turned out I was right, and I still get multiple texts.

So in the end, Im getting irritated with the whole thing and Im looking to see what phones are out there. I want something realitively close to the freestyle. I like the whole design (the smart phone look, the beefiness of the phone), the fact you dont need a data plan, and I dont want a junky looking phone. When I went to my local ATT place and looked at the phones, most of their messaging phones I didnt like the looks of them (they dont look like they have good quality). So are there any other smart phone like phones that dont need data plans and are relatively close to the freestyle? Oh and touch screen is preferable.

I also looked on here and saw most of the ones online (if not all of them) needed data plans. So that brings me to one more question, for someone that doesnt use data a whole lot, if not at all, would the 300 mb plan work?

Anhy help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4

Re: Looking for a certain type of phone.....

Also, if anyone wants they can just post some recommended phones that either they have or have used in the past. You dont neccesarily have to go by the guidelines I posted in my original post

Message 2 of 4
Professor

Yeah 300 MB per month will be more than enough if you are not a heavy data user. Smartphone data plans are cheaper than pay per use. I am glad I picked a smartphone over a quick messaging phone. If you like real keys, you can take a look at Samsung Doubletime.
Message 3 of 4
Expert

ilikewireless wrote:
Yeah 300 MB per month will be more than enough if you are not a heavy data user. Smartphone data plans are cheaper than pay per use. I am glad I picked a smartphone over a quick messaging phone. If you like real keys, you can take a look at Samsung Doubletime.

I have to agree...LOVE my smartphone.Smiley Happy  I have the old $25/2GB daya plan. Since I'm on wifi at home , work and couple of other places, I hardly use my 2GB. Plus, I've gotten spoiled with the quickness of wifi over 3G. I think last month, I only used 92 KB out of my 2048. I COULD, technically, go with a smaller data plan but it's nice to know I have what I have if I ever need it. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support