Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2011
3:21:20 PM
View profile
Long delay after pressing call button but before ringing...

When dialing through microcell, there is usually a quite long delay after hitting "call" before there is any connection or ringing.

20-30 seconds is typical. Sometimes even longer, then it usually results in a "call failed".

• iPhone4, latest firmware.
  • M-cell appears properly on phone, all good lights on Microcell box.
  • Four bar signal strength.
  • 20-25 Mbps download speed
  • 4 Mbps upload speed.
  • No other large data activities.
  • Problem occurs perhaps 80% of the time, but occasionally a call will go right through.

Any ideas?

When I first installed the M-Cell, I had a high percentage of garbled calls either on my end or the other party. That problem seems to have gone away, but it's pretty annoying to add 30 seconds of wait time to every call I place from my home.

When dialing through microcell, there is usually a quite long delay after hitting "call" before there is any connection or ringing.

20-30 seconds is typical. Sometimes even longer, then it usually results in a "call failed".

• iPhone4, latest firmware.
  • M-cell appears properly on phone, all good lights on Microcell box.
  • Four bar signal strength.
  • 20-25 Mbps download speed
  • 4 Mbps upload speed.
  • No other large data activities.
  • Problem occurs perhaps 80% of the time, but occasionally a call will go right through.

Any ideas?

When I first installed the M-Cell, I had a high percentage of garbled calls either on my end or the other party. That problem seems to have gone away, but it's pretty annoying to add 30 seconds of wait time to every call I place from my home.

Long delay after pressing call button but before ringing...

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2011 3:28:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

OK, found the LONG thread on this issue here.

Guess I'll read through the 15 pages of posts and see what's going on.

OK, found the LONG thread on this issue here.

Guess I'll read through the 15 pages of posts and see what's going on.

Re: Long delay after pressing call button but before ringing...

2 of 8 (978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2011 5:35:32 PM
(0)
Guru
Just skip to the end. AT&T has hinted they know about this and will fix it "soon."

Don't call us, we'll call you. Meanwhile, here's your mmonthly bill.
Just skip to the end. AT&T has hinted they know about this and will fix it "soon."

Don't call us, we'll call you. Meanwhile, here's your mmonthly bill.

3 of 8 (970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 1:35:23 AM
(0)
Employee
yes known issue at this time, currently a software patch is being pushed out to microcell devices to fix this problem. luckily, at least, the calls do go out
yes known issue at this time, currently a software patch is being pushed out to microcell devices to fix this problem. luckily, at least, the calls do go out
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2011 6:02:48 PM
(0)
Guru
And at the risk of continuing to waste my breath, I will say that those of us have had problems since day one ought to be able to cut to the front of the line.

The sooner my microcell works, the sooner I'll stop simply telling the truth out loud everywhere I can.
And at the risk of continuing to waste my breath, I will say that those of us have had problems since day one ought to be able to cut to the front of the line.

The sooner my microcell works, the sooner I'll stop simply telling the truth out loud everywhere I can.

5 of 8 (893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 7:41:58 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Jul 27, 2011 at 8:40:07 AM

I'm finding that usually the first call of the day experiences up to a 30 second delay, at which point the call will either go through or it will fail.

Subsequent calls, although not zippy, usually seem to begin with 10 seconds or so.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

I'm finding that usually the first call of the day experiences up to a 30 second delay, at which point the call will either go through or it will fail.

Subsequent calls, although not zippy, usually seem to begin with 10 seconds or so.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 7:43:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

See my post above....I wish I were so lucky. I would say 2 out of 3 times my first call of the day fails rather than completes after a lengthy delay.

A dangerous situation, to say the least.

See my post above....I wish I were so lucky. I would say 2 out of 3 times my first call of the day fails rather than completes after a lengthy delay.

A dangerous situation, to say the least.

7 of 8 (858 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 12:21:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

Try installing the latest iPhone  iOS update (4.3.5).  This may have the fix in it.  After installing it, my iPhone now connects in less than 5 sec.

Try installing the latest iPhone  iOS update (4.3.5).  This may have the fix in it.  After installing it, my iPhone now connects in less than 5 sec.

install the latest iOS update

8 of 8 (814 Views)