Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 4, 2012
8:19:32 AM
View profile
Lock/unlock button hangs up calls

I often use my phone for teleconferences.  It is very common for the screen to blank during the call to save power.  However, when I press the lock/unlock button to get to the password screen and open the phone, it hangs up the call.  The screen is unresponsive to swipes, and I cannot seem to get the phone open.  I think this is new with the update (2.3.6), but am not entirely sure.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Joe

I often use my phone for teleconferences.  It is very common for the screen to blank during the call to save power.  However, when I press the lock/unlock button to get to the password screen and open the phone, it hangs up the call.  The screen is unresponsive to swipes, and I cannot seem to get the phone open.  I think this is new with the update (2.3.6), but am not entirely sure.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Joe

Lock/unlock button hangs up calls

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 8:27:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

Oops!  I found the solution.  There is a setting in the "Call" menu under "answering/ending" for "power key ends calls".

Not sure how it got set, but it's nice to have it fixed.

Joe

Oops!  I found the solution.  There is a setting in the "Call" menu under "answering/ending" for "power key ends calls".

Not sure how it got set, but it's nice to have it fixed.

Joe

Re: Lock/unlock button hangs up calls - Solution found!

2 of 3 (1,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 4:03:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yup, good job for paying attention and doing the work. You're not the only person that's had this problem with their Samsung Android smartphone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Yup, good job for paying attention and doing the work. You're not the only person that's had this problem with their Samsung Android smartphone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Lock/unlock button hangs up calls - Solution found!

3 of 3 (1,309 Views)