Lg Thrive Go Phone with active sim question

Contributor

Lg Thrive Go Phone with active sim question

Hi, so my iPhone 3gs just broke and my contract isn't up for renewal until next year. I am currently using my sim with a iphone 2gb data plan in my Lg Flight. I have two questions. 

1. Will I be charged extra for using my sim in a basic phone?

2. When I get the LG thrive, will my plan change to the smartphone plan, or will I have to change it? Or  will it not work?

Message 1 of 3 (300 Views)
Master

Re: Lg Thrive Go Phone with active sim question

At the moment, you can drop your iPhone data plan because you are no longer using a smartphone anymore. You will not be charged extra for using your SIM in a basic feature phone.

When you get your Thrive, you will have to re-add the 2GB data plan (not for the iPhone) if you intend on using it with your post paid line. If you do not add a data plan on your own accord, AT&T reserves the right to add one for you.

If your Thrive is going to be arriving quickly, say, within the end of this month, then you might as well keep paying for the data plan and just switch it to a basic smartphone 2GB data plan instead of the iPhone plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 3 (266 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Lg Thrive Go Phone with active sim question

Wild Banchi wrote:

If your Thrive is going to be arriving quickly, say, within the end of this month, then you might as well keep paying for the data plan and just switch it to a basic smartphone 2GB data plan instead of the iPhone plan.

No difference between the two really (at least cost-wise).

Message 3 of 3 (249 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.