Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 16, 2011
9:16:17 PM
View profile
Let's Stop Feeding Their Egos

I would like to propose that anytime a clown wants their iPhone unlocked and posts a whine, demand, grouse, gritch about it we just ignore the post. If they didn't get a response, I guarantee that this asinine posting would stop, or at least slow down.

I would like to propose that anytime a clown wants their iPhone unlocked and posts a whine, demand, grouse, gritch about it we just ignore the post. If they didn't get a response, I guarantee that this asinine posting would stop, or at least slow down.

Let's Stop Feeding Their Egos

36 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(36)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 6:39:18 PM
(0)
Master
Here's the problem with your story. I never have owned an iPhone 2G;-)

Now take it easy and quit getting worked up over this topic. They just released the unlocked iPhone. It is only a matter time until Apple and ATT get together and create other options but they won't do it because of the posts here.

We all want the same thing but there is some proces that they need to go through.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Now take it easy and quit getting worked up over this topic. They just released the unlocked iPhone. It is only a matter time until Apple and ATT get together and create other options but they won't do it because of the posts here.

We all want the same thing but there is some proces that they need to go through.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Let's Stop Feeding Their Egos

31 of 37 (188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 6:42:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

youngjm wrote:

Well said! I do like your positive and constructive toned message.

But I do believe that we should complain until things get done.

cheers

Steve

youngjm wrote:

Well said! I do like your positive and constructive toned message.

But I do believe that we should complain until things get done.

cheers

Steve

32 of 37 (185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 8:09:20 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ymeiner on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:14:32 PM
Youngjm,
You make it sound like a process like that is already being done. How do you know that? Also, couldn't AT&T be prepared for a situation when apple starts selling unlocked phone? Why did they wait until now to start the process? how long is this process going to be? Can we compare AT&T to a pentium 2 or to a sandy bridge quad?
Youngjm,
You make it sound like a process like that is already being done. How do you know that? Also, couldn't AT&T be prepared for a situation when apple starts selling unlocked phone? Why did they wait until now to start the process? how long is this process going to be? Can we compare AT&T to a pentium 2 or to a sandy bridge quad?

[ Edited ]
33 of 37 (172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 8:26:52 PM
(0)
Master
What I know based on following Apple is that they are in control of the experience. Since unlocking is controlled by Apples servers via iTunes and not via a code similar to what we often see with Nokia phones, I look to them for any movement and/or influence on ATT and other carriers.

As for ATT being prepared or not, the could be ready but they may not yet be ready to make that option available to us at any price. If you assume that a communication mechanism does exist between Apple and ATT but the policy prohibits unlocking, there is no one on the phones who can approve an iPhone unlock; not a rep, supervisor, or Manager, etc. I would also suggest that if the mechanism existed but was not being used, it would be all over the Apple news sites.

What I know based on following Apple is that they are in control of the experience. Since unlocking is controlled by Apples servers via iTunes and not via a code similar to what we often see with Nokia phones, I look to them for any movement and/or influence on ATT and other carriers.

As for ATT being prepared or not, the could be ready but they may not yet be ready to make that option available to us at any price. If you assume that a communication mechanism does exist between Apple and ATT but the policy prohibits unlocking, there is no one on the phones who can approve an iPhone unlock; not a rep, supervisor, or Manager, etc. I would also suggest that if the mechanism existed but was not being used, it would be all over the Apple news sites.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

34 of 37 (166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 8:33:18 PM
(0)
Teacher
It is all over the apple news sites and if you pay 80-100 usd you yourself can use this system. If I have time tomorrow I will post the links
It is all over the apple news sites and if you pay 80-100 usd you yourself can use this system. If I have time tomorrow I will post the links

35 of 37 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 8:41:31 PM
(0)
Master
Unless they are new sites, Apple was shutting down those selling access to the unlock db. If those services are still active, I would suggest you use them before Apple shuts them Down like they did the other week. If Apple is officially supporting these sites then great we may see something sooner than later. What I am referring to is AN ATT option to unlock the iPhones and I do not believe I have seen that?. . Just because some sites are selling the unlock codes means ATT is ready?

Remember we both wAnt the same thing.

Unless they are new sites, Apple was shutting down those selling access to the unlock db. If those services are still active, I would suggest you use them before Apple shuts them Down like they did the other week. If Apple is officially supporting these sites then great we may see something sooner than later. What I am referring to is AN ATT option to unlock the iPhones and I do not believe I have seen that?. . Just because some sites are selling the unlock codes means ATT is ready?

Remember we both wAnt the same thing.

36 of 37 (161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2011 3:20:17 AM
(0)
Expert

swSteve wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

never donated any cell phones to specific style charities have you? They gladly take the iphones and what ever other phone  that we take off the business contract from both verizon, Sprint and att. If they don't utilize them, they will sell them on ebay and in silent auctions to help raise needed finds to continue their work.

Your post failed to mention that the charity could NOT use the phone as a phone.

except if calling 911.

Carefully crafted post to avoid making ATT look bad.

Steve

Did not mentioned it because I know they use the phones that they keep, also - the charities we donate to 911 is the primary use of the phone.

swSteve wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

never donated any cell phones to specific style charities have you? They gladly take the iphones and what ever other phone  that we take off the business contract from both verizon, Sprint and att. If they don't utilize them, they will sell them on ebay and in silent auctions to help raise needed finds to continue their work.

Your post failed to mention that the charity could NOT use the phone as a phone.

except if calling 911.

Carefully crafted post to avoid making ATT look bad.

Steve

Did not mentioned it because I know they use the phones that they keep, also - the charities we donate to 911 is the primary use of the phone.

37 of 37 (139 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments