Posted Apr 22, 2011
8:52:29 AM
Leaving Family Plan?

I am currently part of a family plan, looking to leave and be on my own contract. Is this possible/easy to do? If so, how would I go about doing this? And would my contract stay the same on the new individual service (same plan, upgrade date, etc)? And a big one, I still have an unlimited data plan, would I keep the unlimited data on this individual plan? Thanks.

Leaving Family Plan?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 9:32:07 AM
(0)
Employee

you are on your own contract.  all lines have their own contract.  you can remove yourself from the family plan and still stay on the same account but if you want to split off and have your own account, you have to do a transfer of service.  you can do this from the online account and it will save you the $18.00 transfer of service fee.  i have included the link for it below.  also, it does give you an 11 mo verbal contract but it does not effect your upgrade date.

heres the link:

www.att.com/transferservice

hope that helps

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Leaving Family Plan?

2 of 7 (3,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 11:59:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

That link says "Please note that if the transfer is successfully completed, you will need to select a new rate plan because you will no longer be eligible for a FamilyTalk plan." I understand I'll no longer be eligible for a family plan, but will I be able to keep my unlimited data with the new rate plan on the new single account?

3 of 7 (3,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 1:00:03 PM
(0)
Employee

im so sorry.  i forgot about that part.  you should be able to keep the data plan as all your features should stay the same just not the plan itself.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (3,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 1:28:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

No. During a transfer of billing responsibility, you must choose from plans available at that time. You WILL lose your unlimited smartphone data plan in the transfer.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (3,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 1:41:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

If you are both AT&T employees, who is correct?

6 of 7 (3,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2011 2:12:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have been trying to inform everyone that the policy had changed. Originally when they first stopped the unlimited data, it was capable of being transferred. The policy changed I believe either late January or early February. If you do a transfer of billing now, you WILL lose unlimited data.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (3,076 Views)