Laptop

Contributor

Laptop

I have a data plan on my phone. Since its legal to simply switch sim cards between mobile devices, can I put my sim card into my laptop? Under my battery it has a sim card slot, all it needs is a modem. I can get that installed, but before I do I want to know if its possible for me to put my phone sim card so that I can use it on the go. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Laptop

kwkjason wrote:

I have a data plan on my phone. Since its legal to simply switch sim cards between mobile devices, can I put my sim card into my laptop? Under my battery it has a sim card slot, all it needs is a modem. I can get that installed, but before I do I want to know if its possible for me to put my phone sim card so that I can use it on the go. Is this possible?

If I recall correctly the data plan for a air card / built in laptop modem is different, even the pricing structure is different so I don;t think this will work

Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Laptop

Won't work and they will block data completely until you switch it back
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support