Laptop

Contributor

Laptop

I have a data plan on my phone. Since its legal to simply switch sim cards between mobile devices, can I put my sim card into my laptop? Under my battery it has a sim card slot, all it needs is a modem. I can get that installed, but before I do I want to know if its possible for me to put my phone sim card so that I can use it on the go. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Laptop

kwkjason wrote:

I have a data plan on my phone. Since its legal to simply switch sim cards between mobile devices, can I put my sim card into my laptop? Under my battery it has a sim card slot, all it needs is a modem. I can get that installed, but before I do I want to know if its possible for me to put my phone sim card so that I can use it on the go. Is this possible?

If I recall correctly the data plan for a air card / built in laptop modem is different, even the pricing structure is different so I don;t think this will work

Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Laptop

Won't work and they will block data completely until you switch it back
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support