Lack of Anything...

Contributor

Lack of Anything...

Recently went in to your store at 1169 N BURLESON BLVD SUITE 117, in Burleson Texas.  I am having difficulty using my cell service at my house and went in again to see what could be done.  I had spoken to a customer service rep on the online chat, and was told that in order for me to get a micro cell, would have to go into my local store. So I did. In not so many words, after explaining my problems to the man, he did his little checking on the computer, and then came back with a response of, Well sir, I just can not give you a 200.00 piece of equipment. Now I find it interesting that I am having to pay for a device so I can use my phone when all their little maps say that I just have good service. But I don't.  Can not even text message while at my house which by the way is within 2 miles of the local tower. Now the other night, we had some pretty serious storms and my fiance had a tornado touch down with in about a mile or two from her house and could not even get the service to call her to make sure she was okay. That was my last problem I would have.  After an hour and a half with Linda on the phone customer care line, I got my micro cell. Now I am still having to pay 40.00 for the thing, which I do not agree with, but am doing it since it would more money to start over with another provider. If ATT truly gave a care about there customers, and they have a product which boosts service, that to me is basically saying well we understand that even in our so called coverage area we have problems, so they took the time to come out with a device to correct it. Is it truly fair to charge up to 200.00 for it. I know a person that got the thing for free, and yet I am having to pay for it, just to use their service. Nice to know big companies care, well about their bottom line and screwing there subscribers.  Just want to say, the Burleson location ATT store is a joke, and thank you to Linda at the customer care line for the assistance that she provided. Still think I got screwed in to having to pay for a device to allow me to use my phone at the house. Am sure this will be ignored by the ATT customer service reps and such, but wanted to voice my concerns. If I would have know this service was going to go from useable to not in under a two years, I would have in no way left Sprint. At least there I got to use my phone, and well I already knew they have no customer service. Just thought ATT would be different, guess that's what I get for thinking.

Unhappily paying for product to make my service work,

Lance in Burleson Texas.

Message 1 of 25 (479 Views)
Employee

Re: Lack of Anything...

Unfortuantely that's just the way it is. I had excellent cell service ith Sprint until I moved into an apartmant. I drop calls, miss calls, can't make calls all the time in there. It's the construction of the house and cell service is not guaranteed within buildings. 

AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile all have horrible service in my apartment. My choices were cancel or use the Femtocell. Once I have enough money I'll be buying the femtocell. Lucky you though, AT&T's Microcell doesn't have a monthly pricetag attached to it, I'll have to pay $5/month plus the cost of the device. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 25 (448 Views)
Mentor

I agree poor customer service.  I had a bad a experience myself.

Message 3 of 25 (442 Views)
Employee

just because you didn't get what you wanted for free doesn't mean poor customer service. not everything is free. why don't you just get a landline phone from MagicJack for $20 a year?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 25 (435 Views)

You are very fortunate to have had part of the cost of the microcell waived. Due to the policy, under no circumstances is customer care to adjust or offer to waive anything off the cost of a microcell. It's shows preferential treatment, which is unfair and not good business practice. It is highly likely the rep that assisted you will be coached on her decision. It was kind of her, but it was also a risky choice she made.
Message 5 of 25 (432 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

I have a 2006 Nissan that needs a new oil pump that I'm going to have to pay an Estimated $1800.

I feel that I should not have to pay for something that was inferiorly made. You would think that a manufacturer as large as Nissan would make an oil pump that would last more that 5 years.   Nissan_Shift the way you move...yeah, right. They have no feelings for the customer, only for their wallets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 6 of 25 (411 Views)
Mentor

Whether customers get service/equipement for free has nothing to do with the fact that AT&T has POOR customer service.  It is a fact that AT&T ranks low on customer service surveys.

Message 7 of 25 (397 Views)
Employee

it is my opinion they ranked last because of iPhone users and their dropped calls because of....wait for it.... THE iPhone
Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 25 (368 Views)
Professor

JFizDaWiz wrote:
it is my opinion they ranked last because of iPhone users and their dropped calls because of....wait for it.... THE iPhone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 9 of 25 (351 Views)
Mentor

Actually my bad experience had nothing to do with the iPhone.  My husband I both have iPhones and to this day they have not been an issue.  My horrible experience with POOR customer service reps had to do with my childs phone which is not an iPhone. 

Message 10 of 25 (337 Views)
Tutor

Why should he get a landline?  He's already paying for a cell phone.  I had the Micro-cell offered to me for free because I have so many reception issues in my house but I refuse to take it.  If AtT pays my internet, I'll get the micro-cell.  Otherwise, I'm not paying two bills  for one device.

Message 11 of 25 (317 Views)
Tutor

I've carried 5 lines for almost two years and every one of them drop calls and there is no iphone in the bunch.  Customer service is horrible no matter what phone you have.

Message 12 of 25 (310 Views)
Tutor

The rudeness of the posts the AT&T employee exhibits on here is a perfect example.

Message 13 of 25 (309 Views)
Mentor

monzo1969 wrote:

The rudeness of the posts the AT&T employee exhibits on here is a perfect example.

LOL it must be the iPhone you are using to post.  It can't possibly the reps.  LOL

Message 14 of 25 (302 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

sometimes the things I say on here may sound rude. but this is me talking, just a peer not the at&t employee. if you ever talked to me in tech support you'd realize when I'm at work I'm 100% professional.

I just don't like how people don't take ownership of a problem.

if 1 phone on the account doesn't work, it's very unlikely to be the network

if you iPhone drops calls in a BIG city, sorry, that's just how it is. there are too many people there and we can't    . just add towers and backhaul. FCC approval as well as construction contracts with cities to place them there. 

if you can't make calls in your house, it's the construction of the house causing the issue

if there was an overage, you over used your device.

granted at times yes it's the network. it happens. cell phones are magical they can't always just work. 

but there is only so much a rep can do for you. if the tower is down I CAN'T FIX IT. you have to wait. it needs to be repaired. that costs money.

if your phone doesn't work/lost/stolen, use warranty/insurance/upgrade. if none are available you need to buy a new phone. I can't just give you one.

plus, for the most part, if the rep says no, it's at&t's policy. not the rep. if the rep had full control over everything you best believe you'd get everything even the kitchen sink as it's not our money. we have to do our job just like you have to follow the rules at yours.

Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 25 (276 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.