Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 14, 2011
9:01:16 PM
View profile
LTE launches here in Vegas Nov 20 I have a Inspire, I got screwed
Well my fake 4g speed with HSPA+ on my HTC inspire, now were getting LTE on Nov 20th. And I can't get LTE, please tell me HSPA+ speed increase? At least offer a discount on new LTE phones for people fell for the fake HSPA+ 4g speed
Well my fake 4g speed with HSPA+ on my HTC inspire, now were getting LTE on Nov 20th. And I can't get LTE, please tell me HSPA+ speed increase? At least offer a discount on new LTE phones for people fell for the fake HSPA+ 4g speed

LTE launches here in Vegas Nov 20 I have a Inspire, I got screwed

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 5:49:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

No, you did not get screwed.  You purchased a device.

HSPA+ is 4G... it's just not as fast as LTE.

Why should AT&T or any company give any customer a discount on a new device simply because they are not happy with their current device?  You signed a contract to get the Insprie at a discounted price, ful-fill the contract.  Or purchase a new device at full retail.

LTE going live in any region is unlikely to increase data speeds for other users.

No, you did not get screwed.  You purchased a device.

HSPA+ is 4G... it's just not as fast as LTE.

Why should AT&T or any company give any customer a discount on a new device simply because they are not happy with their current device?  You signed a contract to get the Insprie at a discounted price, ful-fill the contract.  Or purchase a new device at full retail.

LTE going live in any region is unlikely to increase data speeds for other users.

Re: LTE launches here in Vegas Nov 20 I have a Inspire, I got screwed

2 of 5 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 5:28:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
What is your speed on your phone now? Asking because you are saying "fake" 4G speeds. Just an example, on good "night" I can get 3500/1500.
What is your speed on your phone now? Asking because you are saying "fake" 4G speeds. Just an example, on good "night" I can get 3500/1500.

3 of 5 (322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 7:09:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Sounds like lack of research on the OP's part before purchasing, and resulting buyer's remorse.  Although the angst is a bit understandable in this case, due to the marketing distortion of the 4G definition done by all the major US carriers, and the resulting caving of the organization which defines the standard (ITU).

Sounds like lack of research on the OP's part before purchasing, and resulting buyer's remorse.  Although the angst is a bit understandable in this case, due to the marketing distortion of the 4G definition done by all the major US carriers, and the resulting caving of the organization which defines the standard (ITU).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 12:51:32 PM
(0)
Teacher
There is remorse on my end if i'm luck I might get 2up and less then 1 down. My biggest problem is where I work I have been told the tower have been down for over 4 months. Hasent been fix yet, if there going turn on LTE I would upgrade to a better phone. But hopefully I could get a discount since I live in a dead area, and I pay for service.
There is remorse on my end if i'm luck I might get 2up and less then 1 down. My biggest problem is where I work I have been told the tower have been down for over 4 months. Hasent been fix yet, if there going turn on LTE I would upgrade to a better phone. But hopefully I could get a discount since I live in a dead area, and I pay for service.

5 of 5 (283 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments