Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 4, 2010
2:03:44 PM
LTE and iPhone 4

I have a friend at work who's thinking of getting a iPhone 4 and he brought up a great question. With the rumors of AT&T rolling out the new LTE in the summer of 2011, will the iPhone 4 have the capabilities to use the new technology or will you be stuck with 3G only?

I have a friend at work who's thinking of getting a iPhone 4 and he brought up a great question. With the rumors of AT&T rolling out the new LTE in the summer of 2011, will the iPhone 4 have the capabilities to use the new technology or will you be stuck with 3G only?

LTE and iPhone 4

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 2:15:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

3G only, it does not have an LTE chip in it

Re: LTE and iPhone 4

2 of 5 (3,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 7:00:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

kw83028 wrote:

The iPhone5 should be out by then. I bet they will be having early upgrades again by then as well.

kw83028 wrote:

The iPhone5 should be out by then. I bet they will be having early upgrades again by then as well.

3 of 5 (3,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 8:45:25 PM
(0)
Master

It'll be 2012 before it's likely in any but test markets, and by then the world will end! Smiley Very Happy

jjforau wrote:

It'll be 2012 before it's likely in any but test markets, and by then the world will end! Smiley Very Happy

jjforau wrote:

4 of 5 (2,990 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2010 5:10:33 AM
(0)
Professor

I wouldn't give my hopes up yet Brian. Afterall that's just a movie.

I wouldn't expect iPhone 5 to have LTE capability. Maybe iPhone 6.

I wouldn't give my hopes up yet Brian. Afterall that's just a movie.

I wouldn't expect iPhone 5 to have LTE capability. Maybe iPhone 6.

5 of 5 (2,948 Views)