Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 27, 2011
8:19:35 PM
LOST TEXT

does anyone here from time to time or like everyday not receive ONE text from the person you are texting ... cus i check online and it says it was received yet my phone never got it ... is this normal, i have an iPhone 4

does anyone here from time to time or like everyday not receive ONE text from the person you are texting ... cus i check online and it says it was received yet my phone never got it ... is this normal, i have an iPhone 4

-SaMmY

LOST TEXT

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 5:53:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

sammyfree4u wrote:

Nope.  Checked with the daughter who pushes thousands of txts through hers, and she doesn't either. Are you in a really spotty coverage area?

sammyfree4u wrote:

Nope.  Checked with the daughter who pushes thousands of txts through hers, and she doesn't either. Are you in a really spotty coverage area?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: LOST TEXT

2 of 9 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 10:29:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

no, i'm actullay i a super good area im in metro LA so i have full bars on 3G i also do a lot of text and like sometimes my friend will send one but i dont get it, is this like a technique from AT&T to stop people from texting? hahaha

no, i'm actullay i a super good area im in metro LA so i have full bars on 3G i also do a lot of text and like sometimes my friend will send one but i dont get it, is this like a technique from AT&T to stop people from texting? hahaha

-SaMmY

3 of 9 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 5:47:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

sammyfree4u wrote:

No, I seriously doubt that. Perhaps the problem is on the sender's side?

sammyfree4u wrote:

No, I seriously doubt that. Perhaps the problem is on the sender's side?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 9:31:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I believe that it has been discussed somewhere that Verizon will not send SMS messages containung UTF-8 characters to any of the other carrer network users.  They will deliver them internally on their own network, but not to any other carrier network.  Could this be the cause?

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I believe that it has been discussed somewhere that Verizon will not send SMS messages containung UTF-8 characters to any of the other carrer network users.  They will deliver them internally on their own network, but not to any other carrier network.  Could this be the cause?

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

5 of 9 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 5:10:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

here's the thing though its from iphone to iphone on the same AT&T networks, that's why im confused about it ... why would i not get the text yet online it registers as my device receiving the text

here's the thing though its from iphone to iphone on the same AT&T networks, that's why im confused about it ... why would i not get the text yet online it registers as my device receiving the text

-SaMmY

6 of 9 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 2:01:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry, this is resurrecting an old thread, but I've been having a similar problem and I'm wondering if you resolved anything or had any tips for fixing it.  

I'm in the LA area too, get generally good reception, usually get my texts quickly, but every once in a while I don't recieve something someone has sent me, though I can still see the message on my online account usage.

Did you make any progress on fixing the problem?

Sorry, this is resurrecting an old thread, but I've been having a similar problem and I'm wondering if you resolved anything or had any tips for fixing it.  

I'm in the LA area too, get generally good reception, usually get my texts quickly, but every once in a while I don't recieve something someone has sent me, though I can still see the message on my online account usage.

Did you make any progress on fixing the problem?

7 of 9 (217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2011 4:58:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
If you update to iOS5, and you're txting iphone to iphone using iMessage, you get reliable transmission, not "best effort" of SMS. That's about all you can do. SMS can and does drop messages, sometimes for no reason at all.
If you update to iOS5, and you're txting iphone to iphone using iMessage, you get reliable transmission, not "best effort" of SMS. That's about all you can do. SMS can and does drop messages, sometimes for no reason at all.

8 of 9 (179 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2011 3:53:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Haha, actually I'm not even an iPhone user, I have an android phone, but everything else about the problem described here fit my situation and I thought it might be a fixable network configuration thing that would apply to all devices.

That's what I've heard about the unreliability of SMS... it just seems that it happened with me more than most.  Thanks for your prompt reply!

Haha, actually I'm not even an iPhone user, I have an android phone, but everything else about the problem described here fit my situation and I thought it might be a fixable network configuration thing that would apply to all devices.

That's what I've heard about the unreliability of SMS... it just seems that it happened with me more than most.  Thanks for your prompt reply!

9 of 9 (146 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments