LG rumor (go phone )not connecting to internet or sending/receiving MMS

LG rumor (go phone )not connecting to internet or sending/receiving MMS

[ Edited ]

So, I just bought this phone and I am unable to connect to the internet on it. I have the $50.00 monthly plan for unlimited everything. When I try to connect to the net it says "Host not found", when i try to use email, apps or messenger service it says "connection error"

I'm also unable to send picture messages or recieve them... I'm guessing it's because I need the net working to be able to send those..

So I guess my question is, how do I enable the net on my phone?

ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 11 (1,070 Views)
Master

Re: LG rumor (go phone )not connecting to internet or sending/receiving MMS

You're trying to use an LG Rumor from Sprint? How did you get the phone unlocked? Are you able to receive calls and text messages, despite the MMS/data not working?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 11 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]

oops I mean neon. I dont know why i put rumor lol

But yes, I can recieve and make calls and send text messages 

Message 3 of 11 (1,046 Views)
Master

Oh. Well, that makes more sense. Smiley Happy

Could it be possible that data is blocked on your line?

Message 4 of 11 (1,040 Views)

I have no idea how to even find that out lol

Message 5 of 11 (1,038 Views)
Master

Calling customer service might help. They can review your account for you and figure out whether or not you have data blocked or help to explain how or why your data capabilities are not working to their full potential.

611 from your phone (state "more options", "customer service") or 1-800-331-0500.

Message 6 of 11 (1,030 Views)

Thank you Smiley Happy Ill try that in a bit
Message 7 of 11 (1,027 Views)
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11 (1,022 Views)
Contributor

I am too having this problem on my lg neon. I have had it for about a month and I was able to get on the internet fine and send text messages, however in the last two days I have not been able to send or recieve texts or connect to the internet. I can make phone calls but nothing else! I am very frustrated because I can't seem to get through to customer service. I get an automated message that says they can't answer and to call back later. I would just like the problem fixed ASAP!

Message 9 of 11 (977 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this problem of not being able to access my data as well.  I just bought my Pantech P7040p and the $50 unlimited talk+text+data plan.  The only thing that doesn't seem to be usable is anything that has to do with the data part.  I keep receiving the "Host Not Found" and "Connection Not Available Now" messages as well when I try to use the Mobile Web, App Center, Mobile Email, Data Balance, Social Net, etc.  I'm frustrated.  I will try and call AT&T and see what the heck is going on.  I hope there is a simple solution.  Smiley Sad

***(Called and found out that I just needed to reboot my phone by turning it off and then on again after 1 minute) Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11 (892 Views)
Former Community Manager

Glad to hear you're up and running. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 11 (803 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.