Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 8, 2011
5:02:38 PM
LG Thrive wifi

I have a LG Thrive. I also have wireless internet in my home.  Atheros ar5007eg wireless network adapter is the one I have.  It is currently set to open security...and always is.  I can connect to wifi in other locations...but not in my home.  It says that my computer is "remembered" but will not connect to it.  Any suggestions?

I have a LG Thrive. I also have wireless internet in my home.  Atheros ar5007eg wireless network adapter is the one I have.  It is currently set to open security...and always is.  I can connect to wifi in other locations...but not in my home.  It says that my computer is "remembered" but will not connect to it.  Any suggestions?

LG Thrive wifi

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 7:28:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Try turning the router off and then back on and see if that corrects the problem. I'm using an open security Wi-Fi network right now and have no trouble connecting with an iPod Touch. If that does not work, try resetting your router and then check to see if your Thrive and computer can connect to the wireless connection.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Try turning the router off and then back on and see if that corrects the problem. I'm using an open security Wi-Fi network right now and have no trouble connecting with an iPod Touch. If that does not work, try resetting your router and then check to see if your Thrive and computer can connect to the wireless connection.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: LG Thrive wifi

2 of 14 (1,891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 8:04:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well, it was funny that you mentioned seeing if my computer connected to the wireless router...My computer has wifi but have not been able to connect it to wifi for a year now...and after resetting the router it is now connected to my wifi.  My thrive, on the other hand is still doing the same thing.  It will tell me that an open network is available (my home) and i will try to connect to it but it doesn't do anything after that.  signal strength is excellent and so on...just will not connect.  I was in a hotel last week and had no problem connecting to their open network...Thanks Wild Banchi for fixing my computer! Smiley Very Happy

Well, it was funny that you mentioned seeing if my computer connected to the wireless router...My computer has wifi but have not been able to connect it to wifi for a year now...and after resetting the router it is now connected to my wifi.  My thrive, on the other hand is still doing the same thing.  It will tell me that an open network is available (my home) and i will try to connect to it but it doesn't do anything after that.  signal strength is excellent and so on...just will not connect.  I was in a hotel last week and had no problem connecting to their open network...Thanks Wild Banchi for fixing my computer! Smiley Very Happy

3 of 14 (1,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 8:42:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Well, one down, one to go! Smiley Very Happy You're welcome. Smiley Happy

On your Thrive, are you actually connected to your home network and the Wi-Fi icon is displayed? The problem is that, although you are connected, it just won't do anything like it's supposed to? Or it just will not connect at all to your home network and no Wi-Fi icon is displayed?

Well, one down, one to go! Smiley Very Happy You're welcome. Smiley Happy

On your Thrive, are you actually connected to your home network and the Wi-Fi icon is displayed? The problem is that, although you are connected, it just won't do anything like it's supposed to? Or it just will not connect at all to your home network and no Wi-Fi icon is displayed?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 14 (1,882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 9:41:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

It will say there is an open network...i tap on the open network (mine) to connect and it says connect, forget, cancel...so i tap on connect.  then it does nothing...it doesn't connect or anything...then at the top it says again there is an open network to connect to...i tried to manually type in the information...but that hasn't worked either...

It will say there is an open network...i tap on the open network (mine) to connect and it says connect, forget, cancel...so i tap on connect.  then it does nothing...it doesn't connect or anything...then at the top it says again there is an open network to connect to...i tried to manually type in the information...but that hasn't worked either...

5 of 14 (1,878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 10:43:15 AM
(0)
Master
Try forgetting the remembered wifi network and then select the network ssid and connect again.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Try forgetting the remembered wifi network and then select the network ssid and connect again.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

6 of 14 (1,872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 2:30:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm sorry...but no, that still did not work. Smiley Sad

I'm sorry...but no, that still did not work. Smiley Sad

7 of 14 (1,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 2:47:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Hmmm...

One last thing you could try is to create a password for your Wi-Fi network and see if then it will connect. I know that sometimes open-security networks can be difficult and otherwise sometimes impossible to connect to. Hotel Wi-Fi networks are this way.

Maybe if you create a password and rename the network, then you will be able to connect.

Hmmm...

One last thing you could try is to create a password for your Wi-Fi network and see if then it will connect. I know that sometimes open-security networks can be difficult and otherwise sometimes impossible to connect to. Hotel Wi-Fi networks are this way.

Maybe if you create a password and rename the network, then you will be able to connect.

8 of 14 (1,860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 10:43:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Actually I tried that too...found my settings for the router online...and looked at everything...tried switching it to a secured network....did the password...still nothing.  I have a feeling it's with my routers settings but I am just not THAT savvy in all this stuff...I thought about writing everything down and totally resetting it to manufactures settings...I also tried to call AT&T but they said they could not help me...they said that it was with my internet even though my laptops can connect...my playstation 3's connect...and i have another phone that connects! I am completely at a loss..I can usually figure this kind of stuff out...but not this time...If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.  Thank you for all your help and support this far!   Smiley Wink

Actually I tried that too...found my settings for the router online...and looked at everything...tried switching it to a secured network....did the password...still nothing.  I have a feeling it's with my routers settings but I am just not THAT savvy in all this stuff...I thought about writing everything down and totally resetting it to manufactures settings...I also tried to call AT&T but they said they could not help me...they said that it was with my internet even though my laptops can connect...my playstation 3's connect...and i have another phone that connects! I am completely at a loss..I can usually figure this kind of stuff out...but not this time...If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.  Thank you for all your help and support this far!   Smiley Wink

9 of 14 (1,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 10:49:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome. Smiley Happy I am determined to get this working for you, even if it takes other's insight as well.

You're welcome. Smiley Happy I am determined to get this working for you, even if it takes other's insight as well.

10 of 14 (1,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 2:35:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I truly appreciate your dedication! Thank you for all your help! Smiley Happy

I truly appreciate your dedication! Thank you for all your help! Smiley Happy

11 of 14 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 3:00:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

Try looking at this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/atheros-ar5007eg-wireless-netw...

It looks like to change the SSID from a thirteen-digit name to a ten-digit name.

You're welcome.

Try looking at this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/atheros-ar5007eg-wireless-network-adapter-not/27ef5891-96d5-4914-a6b2-9b3813400ef9

It looks like to change the SSID from a thirteen-digit name to a ten-digit name.

12 of 14 (1,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 3:20:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, I didn't actually "fix" the problem but i did solve it.  I had another wireless router sitting around...I quit using it because I lost the password and just bought a new one.  I hooked it back up and reset it...and viola! IT WORKS! I will look into changing the ssid...I actually didn't think of that! I will let you know what happens! Thank you so much for your time and efforts! I REALLY appreciate them!

Well, I didn't actually "fix" the problem but i did solve it.  I had another wireless router sitting around...I quit using it because I lost the password and just bought a new one.  I hooked it back up and reset it...and viola! IT WORKS! I will look into changing the ssid...I actually didn't think of that! I will let you know what happens! Thank you so much for your time and efforts! I REALLY appreciate them!

13 of 14 (1,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 3:25:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Congratulations! Finally! Smiley Very Happy

You're welcome, again!

Congratulations! Finally! Smiley Very Happy

You're welcome, again!

14 of 14 (1,145 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments