Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 25, 2011
7:39:45 AM
View profile
LG Thrive not reading Sim card suddenly..Help!!
Edited by Rosamund on Oct 25, 2011 at 7:41:08 AM

Last night when I went to bed my phone was fine. I plugged it in the charger and set it on the nightstand, the alarm went off like normal and the phone had not moved. When I picked it up it read Emergency call only. I fiddled with and saw it was not reading my sim card. I pulled the back off and readjusted the card several times to no avail. For a little while it stopped reading the SD card but when I shifted it it started working fine so I am guessing I dislodged it. I can use Wireless but I can not make calls, access my contact list etc. Any ideas? My bill was just paid in full so that has nothing to do with it and I am frustrated to have a ton of shiny new data and minutes I can not use. Help!

Last night when I went to bed my phone was fine. I plugged it in the charger and set it on the nightstand, the alarm went off like normal and the phone had not moved. When I picked it up it read Emergency call only. I fiddled with and saw it was not reading my sim card. I pulled the back off and readjusted the card several times to no avail. For a little while it stopped reading the SD card but when I shifted it it started working fine so I am guessing I dislodged it. I can use Wireless but I can not make calls, access my contact list etc. Any ideas? My bill was just paid in full so that has nothing to do with it and I am frustrated to have a ton of shiny new data and minutes I can not use. Help!

LG Thrive not reading Sim card suddenly..Help!!

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 8:30:19 PM
(0)
Professor
Power down the phone. Wait 60 seconds. Then power up the phone.
Power down the phone. Wait 60 seconds. Then power up the phone.

Re: LG Thrive not reading Sim card suddenly..Help!!

2 of 2 (798 Views)