LG Thrive Wifi

Contributor

LG Thrive Wifi

I am thinking about buying an LG Thrive to use with my Gophone plan.  I need some clarification about the WiFi feawture. Will it work only in AT&T hot spots or will it work on any WiFi network? For example, at work we have an open wifi, but it is not AT&T. Will the phone allow me to use this network? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1,552 Views)
Master

Re: LG Thrive Wifi

The wifi radio on any android phone will work on any wifi hotspot as long as it's either an open wifi connection or you know the password to login into a secured wifi connection.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3 (1,539 Views)
Master

Re: LG Thrive Wifi

cersei wrote:

I am thinking about buying an LG Thrive to use with my Gophone plan.  I need some clarification about the WiFi feawture. Will it work only in AT&T hot spots or will it work on any WiFi network? For example, at work we have an open wifi, but it is not AT&T. Will the phone allow me to use this network? Thanks!

Yep, the Wi-Fi will work on any Wi-Fi network. You can use the open network at work, too, as well as your home, a business, hotel, McDonald's...wherever. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (1,536 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.