Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 19, 2011
9:04:42 PM
View profile
LG Thrive (P506) Gophone - Bluetooth problems connecting to Windows Vista (32bit)
Edited by davidpearson on Apr 19, 2011 at 9:06:05 PM

I got a LG Thrive Gophone (P506) yesterday (April 18) and yesterday I didn't have any trouble pairing the phone with Windows Vista (32 bit). I put the phone in discoverable mode and had Visa add it. Vista gave me a auto-generated passkey that I could input on the phone.

Today the 19th, I had trouble connecting the phone with the computer so I decided to start over and pair it up again. This time around Windows didn't give a passkey screen with a code and the phone didn't pop up a screen to enter a code. I tried it the other way around and tried to have the phone connect to the computer but the phone didn't give me a passkey and the vista never prompted me to enter a code.

I am using a Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth keyboard with out any problems. The mouse doesn't use a passkey but the keyboard does and I am not having any problems with those.

I'd like to figure out how to get the LG Thrive to connect (I know it can, as it did it once before).

I got a LG Thrive Gophone (P506) yesterday (April 18) and yesterday I didn't have any trouble pairing the phone with Windows Vista (32 bit). I put the phone in discoverable mode and had Visa add it. Vista gave me a auto-generated passkey that I could input on the phone.

Today the 19th, I had trouble connecting the phone with the computer so I decided to start over and pair it up again. This time around Windows didn't give a passkey screen with a code and the phone didn't pop up a screen to enter a code. I tried it the other way around and tried to have the phone connect to the computer but the phone didn't give me a passkey and the vista never prompted me to enter a code.

I am using a Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth keyboard with out any problems. The mouse doesn't use a passkey but the keyboard does and I am not having any problems with those.

I'd like to figure out how to get the LG Thrive to connect (I know it can, as it did it once before).

LG Thrive (P506) Gophone - Bluetooth problems connecting to Windows Vista (32bit)

[ Edited ]
0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments