Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 29, 2011
9:38:41 AM
View profile
LG Thrill .... The server failed to communicate when trying to access a secured website.

I just picked up an 2 LG Thrill's for my sons on 11/21 and 12/23. Both keeps getting the server failed to communicate when trying to access a secured website. This happens with the default browser, Dolphin, Opera etc...and whether it is 3g or WIFI.

On my Samsung Captivate with dolphin, every site works without an issue. I compared my Dolphin settings to his and matched the exactly.  Firefox 9 did work with the one site on he phone I purchased on 12/23. Haven't tried FF on the other.

One thing I have noticed, if I go to setting, wifi/networks and to the APN section, My Samsung Captivate is completely different from the LG Thrill, both LG thrills. Could this be the issue? need this fix ASAP, because if it can't I ahve to return the phone to get something that will work.

This has been a very bad experience with this phone. Contacts don't transfer correctly, can't edit them. To do so you have to export them out, wipe the phone and recopy. Can't connect to secure websites and worse of all it won't let you have ringtones larger than 300mb. Losing teh thrill for the thrill!

I just picked up an 2 LG Thrill's for my sons on 11/21 and 12/23. Both keeps getting the server failed to communicate when trying to access a secured website. This happens with the default browser, Dolphin, Opera etc...and whether it is 3g or WIFI.

On my Samsung Captivate with dolphin, every site works without an issue. I compared my Dolphin settings to his and matched the exactly.  Firefox 9 did work with the one site on he phone I purchased on 12/23. Haven't tried FF on the other.

One thing I have noticed, if I go to setting, wifi/networks and to the APN section, My Samsung Captivate is completely different from the LG Thrill, both LG thrills. Could this be the issue? need this fix ASAP, because if it can't I ahve to return the phone to get something that will work.

This has been a very bad experience with this phone. Contacts don't transfer correctly, can't edit them. To do so you have to export them out, wipe the phone and recopy. Can't connect to secure websites and worse of all it won't let you have ringtones larger than 300mb. Losing teh thrill for the thrill!

LG Thrill .... The server failed to communicate when trying to access a secured website.

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too