Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2012
9:16:17 AM
View profile
LG Thrill 4G on Prepaid
I have a LG Thrill but at&t is charging me 400. Even though I have unlimited texting and use wifi 90% of the time and I barely ever talk on the phone.

I want to know can I use a at&t prepaid $50 unlimited plan on this phone. Will it work? The phone is on a two year contract
I have a LG Thrill but at&t is charging me 400. Even though I have unlimited texting and use wifi 90% of the time and I barely ever talk on the phone.

I want to know can I use a at&t prepaid $50 unlimited plan on this phone. Will it work? The phone is on a two year contract

LG Thrill 4G on Prepaid

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 9:51:00 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jun 30, 2012 at 9:57:04 AM

CM.UNC2018 wrote:

You will be charged an early termination fee if you are still under contract. You may pay the ETF and move on to prepaid account if you like.

The prepaid $50 monthly unlimited plan includes data only for feature phones. With your smartphone, you will need to buy a data plan if you want to use data while on the road. If so, the minimum for you will be to subscribe to the $25 monthly plan + a data plan of say, $5 for 50MB for a total of $30 per month.

You may also choose the $0.10 a minute plan without data if you use only WiFi for data.

As far as I know, 4G phones are not officially supported on prepaid yet. You may do a Google Search to find that some people are able to use their 4G phones at 3G - quite good since 3G gives you a throughput of up to 2 mbps.

CM.UNC2018 wrote:

You will be charged an early termination fee if you are still under contract. You may pay the ETF and move on to prepaid account if you like.

The prepaid $50 monthly unlimited plan includes data only for feature phones. With your smartphone, you will need to buy a data plan if you want to use data while on the road. If so, the minimum for you will be to subscribe to the $25 monthly plan + a data plan of say, $5 for 50MB for a total of $30 per month.

You may also choose the $0.10 a minute plan without data if you use only WiFi for data.

As far as I know, 4G phones are not officially supported on prepaid yet. You may do a Google Search to find that some people are able to use their 4G phones at 3G - quite good since 3G gives you a throughput of up to 2 mbps.

Re: LG Thrill 4G on Prepaid

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 12:16:51 PM
(0)
Professor
I need to add: I suggest that you talk to GoPhone users in your part of town to find out if there's good signals in your aeea.
I need to add: I suggest that you talk to GoPhone users in your part of town to find out if there's good signals in your aeea.

Re: LG Thrill 4G on Prepaid

3 of 3 (1,055 Views)