Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 6, 2011
6:52:58 AM
View profile
LG THRILL

Bought my daughter the LG Thrill. She loves the phone but I just found out yesterday that she has never been able to receive or send pictures in text messages. She is away at college and text messaging is the way we stay in contact. Made a trip to see her and asked to see her phone and what it does when I send a picture. There is a download box and when we click it, it says downloading and nothing happens, picture does not show up in gallery either. I searched the user manuals, did the tutorials, searched the internet, emailed LG to find out how we can change the settings to have the pictures in the text message when she opens them, like my phone does. Anyone know who to change this setting? 

Bought my daughter the LG Thrill. She loves the phone but I just found out yesterday that she has never been able to receive or send pictures in text messages. She is away at college and text messaging is the way we stay in contact. Made a trip to see her and asked to see her phone and what it does when I send a picture. There is a download box and when we click it, it says downloading and nothing happens, picture does not show up in gallery either. I searched the user manuals, did the tutorials, searched the internet, emailed LG to find out how we can change the settings to have the pictures in the text message when she opens them, like my phone does. Anyone know who to change this setting? 

LG THRILL

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 6:30:44 PM
(0)
Master
Make sure that she has an active 3G network connection when downloading the mms message.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Make sure that she has an active 3G network connection when downloading the mms message.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: LG THRILL

2 of 4 (1,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2011 7:17:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I get the same "Downloading" error on my Samsung Captivate sometimes. It's frustrating because I am not able to view the pictures even if I do try to re-download them.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I get the same "Downloading" error on my Samsung Captivate sometimes. It's frustrating because I am not able to view the pictures even if I do try to re-download them.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (1,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 6:19:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

I contacted LG and quickly got a response. They said to open text messaging, then select the settings and make sure auto-retrieval was checked. Contacted my daughter and told her what to do, the box was already checked, had her unchecked and then recheck it and shut off the phone for a few minutes and turn back on. Still not working! Smiley Sad

I contacted LG and quickly got a response. They said to open text messaging, then select the settings and make sure auto-retrieval was checked. Contacted my daughter and told her what to do, the box was already checked, had her unchecked and then recheck it and shut off the phone for a few minutes and turn back on. Still not working! Smiley Sad

4 of 4 (1,773 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments