Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 29, 2010
1:06:40 PM
View profile
LG Shine black screen...need help transfering pics

I have a Shine CU720 with a dead screen and need to transfer/view about 150 pics on my computer....I have a USB cable.  Can I connect the data cable to my computer and view the pics without transferring them to my SD card?  Also, I am under the impression that my phone has to be put into "mass storage" mode to do so.  I think that's how I can view the pics with the USB cable and not having to transfer each individual pic to my storage card....please correct me if I'm wrong.  I can't find a concise answer and I am just getting bits and pieces of info so I'm just about completely confused at this point.  With a blank screen, step-by-step directions are needed.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I have a Shine CU720 with a dead screen and need to transfer/view about 150 pics on my computer....I have a USB cable.  Can I connect the data cable to my computer and view the pics without transferring them to my SD card?  Also, I am under the impression that my phone has to be put into "mass storage" mode to do so.  I think that's how I can view the pics with the USB cable and not having to transfer each individual pic to my storage card....please correct me if I'm wrong.  I can't find a concise answer and I am just getting bits and pieces of info so I'm just about completely confused at this point.  With a blank screen, step-by-step directions are needed.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

LG Shine black screen...need help transfering pics

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 2:39:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

PunchPwr1211 wrote:

...Can I connect the data cable to my computer and view the pics without transferring them to my SD card?  Also, I am under the impression that my phone has to be put into "mass storage" mode to do so...With a blank screen, step-by-step directions are needed.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Don't feel bad...this isn't the first time this has happened. You will probably need to put the phone into mass storage with a microSD card and transfer all files to the card before being able to retrieve them via PC or direct card transfer.

http://forums.att.com/t5/LG/Walk-through-needed-to-transfer-pictures-and-videos-to-SIM-card/m-p/1705...

If this doesn't solve it 100%, use the search feature above for "Shine screen transfer". I got a ton of hits...some of which I contributed to a long time ago.

Good luck,

-S

PunchPwr1211 wrote:

...Can I connect the data cable to my computer and view the pics without transferring them to my SD card?  Also, I am under the impression that my phone has to be put into "mass storage" mode to do so...With a blank screen, step-by-step directions are needed.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Don't feel bad...this isn't the first time this has happened. You will probably need to put the phone into mass storage with a microSD card and transfer all files to the card before being able to retrieve them via PC or direct card transfer.

http://forums.att.com/t5/LG/Walk-through-needed-to-transfer-pictures-and-videos-to-SIM-card/m-p/1705726#M30510

If this doesn't solve it 100%, use the search feature above for "Shine screen transfer". I got a ton of hits...some of which I contributed to a long time ago.

Good luck,

-S

Re: LG Shine black screen...need help transfering pics

2 of 2 (677 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments