Explore & discover

Helpful Links

LG SHINE : Insert Smartchip error when SIM is inside

Tutor

LG SHINE : Insert Smartchip error when SIM is inside

Hello,
I used my phone with no issues until yesterday.
Out of nowhere, when I went to make a call I saw the phone say "Insert Smartchip"
But my SIM card was already in the phone (as I said I used the phone all day)
So I took out the battery, and took out my SIM card and re-inserted it.
It still came up with that message.
I have tried numerous times - to no avail.
I left it out all night and tried this morning still does not work.
I tried the SIM card on a razor, and it worked
So it seems like it's the phone, but then I tried the SIM on another Shine and it still says "Insert Smartchip"
So I don't get it....
I have tried other things as well with the phone
Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 27
Teacher

Re: LG SHINE : Insert Smartchip error when SIM is inside

Have you made sure the SIM is in the right direction? It can fit in backwards. I did it once by accident.
Message 2 of 27
Professor

aldta wrote:
Hello,
I used my phone with no issues until yesterday.
Out of nowhere, when I went to make a call I saw the phone say "Insert Smartchip"
But my SIM card was already in the phone (as I said I used the phone all day)
So I took out the battery, and took out my SIM card and re-inserted it.
It still came up with that message.
I have tried numerous times - to no avail.
I left it out all night and tried this morning still does not work.
I tried the SIM card on a razor, and it worked
So it seems like it's the phone, but then I tried the SIM on another Shine and it still says "Insert Smartchip"
So I don't get it....
I have tried other things as well with the phone
Any suggestions?

Sounds like your SIM is bad. Go to the nearest AT&T corporate store and get a new one.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 27
Tutor

While I appreciate the suggestions, I don't feel as though any of your READ what I wrote....
No the SIM card was not inserted incorrectly
And also, I did state that my SIM worked on another phone...............................
So while I appreciate you both writing, none of you were much help
Message 4 of 27
Professor

aldta wrote:
While I appreciate the suggestions, I don't feel as though any of your READ what I wrote....
No the SIM card was not inserted incorrectly
And also, I did state that my SIM worked on another phone...............................
So while I appreciate you both writing, none of you were much help

Except you also said "So it seems like it's the phone, but then I tried the SIM on another Shine and it still says "Insert Smartchip" "

Did you try the RAZR's SIM in your Shine?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 27
Contributor

where can i buy a LG KU990? I dont want to buy one from random website that has many problems like we see on this thread. I use Cingular SIM card please help ^_^
Message 6 of 27
Tutor

I was just wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong with your phone. cause im having the same problem.
Message 7 of 27
Scholar

guess it's been solved. as you are the first to reply to the thread in a few months
Message 8 of 27
Expert

ADSisson wrote:
guess it's been solved. as you are the first to reply to the thread in a few months

I REALLY WISH that people would MARK them as SOLVED, IF they are solved!!! Isn't that what it is FOR??? It seems as they drop off the face of the earth or something!! Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 9 of 27
Scholar

Dcookie wrote:

ADSisson wrote:

I REALLY WISH that people would MARK them as SOLVED, IF they are solved!!! Isn't that what it is FOR??? It seems as they drop off the face of the earth or something!! Smiley Indifferent

Seeing as the LAST post that REALLY RELATED to the OP was dated 07-088-2008, the "solved" option wasmost likely not there yet. :-)
Either way, I have seen alot of people post one or two times and not post again. If they would stick around, maybe they'd
gain some knowledge and be able to help in a similar situaition. My $0.02.

I may not have a high post count, but at least I come by and read what has been posted since my last visit.
That way, I may be able to help further down the thread.

Message 10 of 27
Tutor

The issue was never resolved...

Message 11 of 27
Tutor

Dcookie wrote:

ADSisson wrote:

REALLY WISH people would get off their high horses and stop preaching on forums...

Because it was never solved.........

Not to mention the ability to mark it "solved"  was not available at the time........Smiley Indifferent

Message Edited by aldta on 01-18-2009 08:27:35 AM
Message 12 of 27
Scholar

aldta wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

ADSisson wrote:

REALLY WISH people would get off their high horses and stop preaching on forums...

Not to mention the ability to mark it "solved"  was not available at the time........Smiley Indifferent

Try cleaning the SIM's contacts off with a pencil eraser. This "polishes" those contacts.
Did you try and take the phone and SIM to a Corp. store and see what they could do?

I have a Shine, as does Dcookie, and I have never had a problem with the issue you have described.
I don't believe Dcookie has either, tho I can't speak to his/her phone.
Message 13 of 27
Expert

ADSisson wrote:

aldta wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

ADSisson wrote:

Try cleaning the SIM's contacts off with a pencil eraser. This "polishes" those contacts.
Did you try and take the phone and SIM to a Corp. store and see what they could do?

I have a Shine, as does Dcookie, and I have never had a problem with the issue you have described.
I don't believe Dcookie has either, tho I can't speak to his/her phone.

ADSisson.....No I haven't had that problem at all. BTW, I am a HER!!! Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 14 of 27
Scholar

I knew that, Dcookie. :-) I did that as the poster I was responding to didn't

Message 15 of 27
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support