Helpful Links

LG Quantum Tips and Tricks?

Re: LG Quantum Tips and Tricks?

you probably figured it out already. you need to login into your windows live account at a PC to delete the picture from skydrive. You should be able to remove it from the phone and Zune as well.

Message 46 of 49
Contributor

• You have probably found this already but, if you go into setting and scroll down all the way, there is a section "Play a sound for" and you can unclick Camera Shutter.

ParrotHead_FL wrote:

I've used this phone for a couple of days now. I chose it because I wanted a WP7 phone with a keyboard.

Initial impressions... Overall, I'm pleased. I previously used a Tilt 2 phone, which had a lovely UI but was sluggish and buggy even after installing the latest software. The Quantum just plain works--it's fast and reliable. I had previously read a few reviews talking about slow load times for WP7 apps, but have concluded that that must be phone-specific because apps pop right up on my Quantum.

I haven't tried expanding its memory. Heck, I haven't yet figured out how to manage the memory that's built in. I have no clue how to see how much of it has been used and is free.  Smiley Happy

One beef I have is that it's not possible to turn off the shutter sound on the camera. This isn't a limitation of WP7; this is how LG designed the phone. I'd LOVE a hack for this. There are times (say, for example, a wedding) when you'd like to be able to snap a picture without the phone making noise.

Also, I'm having some trouble with battery life sucking. Last night I fully-charged my phone, and this morning--maybe 10 hours later--the battery was less than half-charged. My phone wasn't in use during that period; WiFi and Bluetooth were off, and the screen was turned off. I'm doing some experimenting to see if it's worse when e-mail push from Exchange is enabled.

Message 47 of 49
Contributor

ParrotHead_FL wrote:

I've used this phone for a couple of days now. I chose it because I wanted a WP7 phone with a keyboard.

Initial impressions... Overall, I'm pleased. I previously used a Tilt 2 phone, which had a lovely UI but was sluggish and buggy even after installing the latest software. The Quantum just plain works--it's fast and reliable. I had previously read a few reviews talking about slow load times for WP7 apps, but have concluded that that must be phone-specific because apps pop right up on my Quantum.

I haven't tried expanding its memory. Heck, I haven't yet figured out how to manage the memory that's built in. I have no clue how to see how much of it has been used and is free.  Smiley Happy

One beef I have is that it's not possible to turn off the shutter sound on the camera. This isn't a limitation of WP7; this is how LG designed the phone. I'd LOVE a hack for this. There are times (say, for example, a wedding) when you'd like to be able to snap a picture without the phone making noise.

Also, I'm having some trouble with battery life sucking. Last night I fully-charged my phone, and this morning--maybe 10 hours later--the battery was less than half-charged. My phone wasn't in use during that period; WiFi and Bluetooth were off, and the screen was turned off. I'm doing some experimenting to see if it's worse when e-mail push from Exchange is enabled.

Sorry, I left out one step.  When you go to "Settings" you have to go to Ringtones and Sounds.

Message 48 of 49
Highlighted
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 49 of 49
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support