Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 30, 2010
7:28:18 AM
LG Prime GoPhone PUK code

I just got an LG Prime and I was setting up security stuff on it before I activated the account. I entered the wrong pin 3 times, now it's stuck on the puk code screen. How can I get the PUK code if I didn't activate the account?

I just got an LG Prime and I was setting up security stuff on it before I activated the account. I entered the wrong pin 3 times, now it's stuck on the puk code screen. How can I get the PUK code if I didn't activate the account?

LG Prime GoPhone PUK code

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 8:00:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

I really need help, I can not get my PUK at all. What can I do?

I really need help, I can not get my PUK at all. What can I do?

Re: LG Prime GoPhone PUK code

2 of 7 (13,888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 7:41:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I am so sorry that this frustrating issue has happened to you, too. It happened to me once I got my BRAND NEW prepaid Samsung Mythic.

What you must do is:

• Either dial 611 from your prepaid phone to connect to Customer Service. Ignore all of the automated voice prompts, and keep repeating "Customer Service". You may have to try a few times to get it through, but you will eventually be re-directed to the Customer Service Department. Once you're there, you will speak with a live AT&T Customer Service Rep.

• Your other option is to just dial 1-800-331-0500 from a landline telephone. That number is AT&T's Customer Service Department, too.

From there:

Once you're chatting with a Rep, they may ask you for your phone's IMEI number. It should be located under the back battery cover of your phone, underneath the battery on a little white strip of paper-like material. Read off the phone's IMEI number, and then the Rep should be able ot help you.

After the Rep has successfully entered the IMEI number, they will most likely provide you an unlock code for your phone. Make sure that you listen very closely to the code, so you do not enter it wrong on your phone's keypad. After you have successfully entered the unlock code, your phone should return to normal, and you will proceed to using it back to normal.

Please let me know if this worked out for you, or if you have any further questions.

Best wishes and good luck. :smileyhappy:

Wild Banchi.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

I am so sorry that this frustrating issue has happened to you, too. It happened to me once I got my BRAND NEW prepaid Samsung Mythic.

What you must do is:

• Either dial 611 from your prepaid phone to connect to Customer Service. Ignore all of the automated voice prompts, and keep repeating "Customer Service". You may have to try a few times to get it through, but you will eventually be re-directed to the Customer Service Department. Once you're there, you will speak with a live AT&T Customer Service Rep.

• Your other option is to just dial 1-800-331-0500 from a landline telephone. That number is AT&T's Customer Service Department, too.

From there:

Once you're chatting with a Rep, they may ask you for your phone's IMEI number. It should be located under the back battery cover of your phone, underneath the battery on a little white strip of paper-like material. Read off the phone's IMEI number, and then the Rep should be able ot help you.

After the Rep has successfully entered the IMEI number, they will most likely provide you an unlock code for your phone. Make sure that you listen very closely to the code, so you do not enter it wrong on your phone's keypad. After you have successfully entered the unlock code, your phone should return to normal, and you will proceed to using it back to normal.

Please let me know if this worked out for you, or if you have any further questions.

Best wishes and good luck. :smileyhappy:

Wild Banchi.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (13,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 1:12:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

My phone is locked with the PUK code and its not in the choices when I called there number what do I do?

My phone is locked with the PUK code and its not in the choices when I called there number what do I do?

4 of 7 (13,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 1:59:27 PM
(0)
Guru

When you call, as stated above you can keep requesting a representative.  However, the most effective way I know to get a representative in Prepaid Customer Care is this:  Put in your phone number when requested.  Then, when the system asks your PIN, just say, "I don't know."  It will ask to confirm that you don't know the PIN, so say yes to confirm it.  The IVR can't do anything for an unverified caller, so it will send you on to a representative who can verify the account for security and help with the PUK code.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

When you call, as stated above you can keep requesting a representative.  However, the most effective way I know to get a representative in Prepaid Customer Care is this:  Put in your phone number when requested.  Then, when the system asks your PIN, just say, "I don't know."  It will ask to confirm that you don't know the PIN, so say yes to confirm it.  The IVR can't do anything for an unverified caller, so it will send you on to a representative who can verify the account for security and help with the PUK code.

5 of 7 (13,603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 2:05:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

what do iwhen it say the main menu?

6 of 7 (13,554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2010 2:20:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

joshnug123 wrote:

If you are a prepaid customer, dial 611 from your prepaid phone to connect to Customer Service. Ignore all of the automated voice prompts, and keep repeating "Customer Service". You may have to try a few times to get it through, but you will eventually be re-directed to the Customer Service Department. Once you're there, you will speak with a live AT&T Customer Service Rep, which will hopefully be able to help you.

joshnug123 wrote:

If you are a prepaid customer, dial 611 from your prepaid phone to connect to Customer Service. Ignore all of the automated voice prompts, and keep repeating "Customer Service". You may have to try a few times to get it through, but you will eventually be re-directed to the Customer Service Department. Once you're there, you will speak with a live AT&T Customer Service Rep, which will hopefully be able to help you.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (13,548 Views)