LG Neon shutting off by itself when trying to text

Contributor

LG Neon shutting off by itself when trying to text

[ Edited ]
I have a LG Neon that is about 2 months old and it keeps shutting down randomly when trying to text someone. Is this happening to anyone else?
Message Edited by troybowman on 09-08-2009 02:13:56 PM
Message 1 of 5 (2,237 Views)
Contributor

Re: LG Neon shutting off by itself when trying to text

i have had this phone 5-6 months and it is now just starting to shut off when txting and open the slider.

Message 2 of 5 (1,439 Views)
Master

2010grad wrote:

i have had this phone 5-6 months and it is now just starting to shut off when txting and open the slider.

Same thing happened to me. I ditched my Neon for a Samsung Mythic. Wouldn't be wanting to go back to the Neon anytime soon... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5 (1,377 Views)
Contributor

ours had problem at 5-6mths, totally blank screen now at 8-9 months - absolutley no help from AT&T - thinking of complaining directly to LG, but hey - AT&T sold us the thing in the first place!  We just do not have a phone now - they said a pinkish dot on the back (1 of 3 small circles), after you take off the back cover, indicated liquid damage whcih I know did not occur - they said it could have been humidity or sweat - who makes something that sensitive?  I think it is all in the engineering and a recall should be made, in my opinion!  We did not get any help even tho it was well within the one year warranty - only offered another phone at like $85!  Still considering options - really disappointed considering we pay such a monthly bill!  The slider became a bit loose too, just form using it - but that is "physical damage" NOT covered under warranty - REALLY?

troybowman wrote:
I have a LG Neon that is about 2 months old and it keeps shutting down randomly when trying to text someone. Is this happening to anyone else?
Message Edited by troybowman on 09-08-2009 02:13:56 PM

Message 4 of 5 (1,277 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

soccermom19 wrote:

ours had problem at 5-6mths, totally blank screen now at 8-9 months - absolutley no help from AT&T - thinking of complaining directly to LG, but hey - AT&T sold us the thing in the first place!  We just do not have a phone now - they said a pinkish dot on the back (1 of 3 small circles), after you take off the back cover,

Yes, if you do a warranty exchange for a phone in this condition, you will be charged - if not at the outset, then when the phone is received and inspected.  The charge is usually roughly similar to the retail non-commitment pricing of a new phone.

indicated liquid damage whcih I know did not occur - they said it could have been humidity or sweat - who makes something that sensitive?  I think it is all in the engineering and a recall should be made, in my opinion!  We did not get any help even tho it was well within the one year warranty - only offered another phone at like $85!  Still considering options - really disappointed considering we pay such a monthly bill!  The slider became a bit loose too, just form using it - but that is "physical damage" NOT covered under warranty - REALLY?

Very possibly.  If the slider is just normally loose (it's normal for it to have some play), then there's nothing wrong with the slider, so the issue itself (if that were the only thing wrong with the phone, which is not your situation) wouldn't be covered.  But if the slider mechanism is damaged, that is physical damage and also voids the warranty.

If you're sure there's been no liquid/moisture exposure, contacting LG may actually be a very good idea.  The manufacturer provides its own warranty, and it's administered somewhat differently from the AT&T program.  Since your carrier doesn't refurbish or repair your phone, AT&T will look at that indicator and immediately proclaim the warranty voided.  The manufacturer, on the other hand, usually has some other ways to determine damage, and the indicator would only be one of the things they look at.

Unlike your carrier, all of the manufacturers honor the warranty by repairing your phone.  They cannot repair liquid damage.  If there is no liquid damage or abuse, the manufacture would repair the phone for free.  Specifics may vary from one manufacturer to another when there is damage, but the general rule to expect is this:  If the manufacturer finds liquid damage or abuse, they may charge a processing fee.  For liquid damage, they would generally return your phone unrepaired.  For physical abuse, they may offer to repair it for an additional fee.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (1,267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.