LG Neon (TM) II

Contributor

LG Neon (TM) II

I'm considering an upgrade and when looking through the phones I found this.  I was looking for a wi-fi capable phone and I noticed that this one is listed with wi-fi and does not require a data plan, only a messaging one.  Am I correct in thinking that this is a standard phone that when in a wi-fi area can connect with no data plan at all? 

Non-data plans charge by how much data is transferred from my understanding so if you're using wi-fi that amount should remain at 0...

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: LG Neon (TM) II

Wow this forum sucks for support, does anyone even check it?

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: LG Neon (TM) II

Wi-fi does not use data for your plan.  If you get a phone that supports wi-fi, if you get pay-per-use data, if you don't set anything like email to use data in the background, and if you're VERY careful about making sure you're on wi-fi any time you're using data, you should be able to manage it.

Placing a data block on the line would prevent pay per use fees, but it would also block multimedia messages.  Some phones may block all data (including wi-fi) if the line has a data block, but I've only specifically known Blackberries to do that.

I'm not sure that the Neon II is wi-fi capable, though.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support