Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 23, 2009
6:38:25 AM
View profile
LG Incite - Suddenly not charging anymore (2 months old)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  My phone is no longer giving any sign of life.  It run out of power last night and this morning when I am trying to charge it it does not respond at all.  I tried the car charger as well and I have the same issue.  There is no status light at all and the phone does not turn on.  Has anyone experienced something similar before?  Thanks!
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  My phone is no longer giving any sign of life.  It run out of power last night and this morning when I am trying to charge it it does not respond at all.  I tried the car charger as well and I have the same issue.  There is no status light at all and the phone does not turn on.  Has anyone experienced something similar before?  Thanks!

LG Incite - Suddenly not charging anymore (2 months old)

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2009 11:50:39 AM
(0)
Contributor
i am having that same problem i have tryed everything even a hard reset and it wont do anything
i am having that same problem i have tryed everything even a hard reset and it wont do anything

Re: LG Incite - Suddenly not charging anymore (2 months old)

2 of 11 (7,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2009 6:17:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
My phone is doing the exact same thing.  I just charged it yesterday and it was completely dead this morning and won't charge.  My phone is only about 2 weeks ago.  I returned my first phone for the same reason and this one is doing it, too.
My phone is doing the exact same thing.  I just charged it yesterday and it was completely dead this morning and won't charge.  My phone is only about 2 weeks ago.  I returned my first phone for the same reason and this one is doing it, too.

3 of 11 (7,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2009 9:26:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
Have you tried charging your incite through its activesync USB cable? it's a shot in the dark, but if it works, you have a bad wall charger, if not than you might have a bad battery. if you can, take your incite into an AT&T store and ask to try plugging in your phone with their AC charger and then ask if you can use one of their incite batteries in your phone. If a working battery and a working charger doesn't work with your phone, then it's time to call customer service about getting a warranty replacement phone. good luck, let me know if any of that helped.
Have you tried charging your incite through its activesync USB cable? it's a shot in the dark, but if it works, you have a bad wall charger, if not than you might have a bad battery. if you can, take your incite into an AT&T store and ask to try plugging in your phone with their AC charger and then ask if you can use one of their incite batteries in your phone. If a working battery and a working charger doesn't work with your phone, then it's time to call customer service about getting a warranty replacement phone. good luck, let me know if any of that helped.

4 of 11 (7,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2009 5:24:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
i am experiencing the same problem, i got this phone about to weeks ago and one night i forgot to charge it and it was dead when i woke up but when plugging in it will not charge, i plugged it into the usb cable and it shows its charging but really isnt, and while its pluged into the computer and i try turning it on itll only go to the windows mobile page then restart
i am experiencing the same problem, i got this phone about to weeks ago and one night i forgot to charge it and it was dead when i woke up but when plugging in it will not charge, i plugged it into the usb cable and it shows its charging but really isnt, and while its pluged into the computer and i try turning it on itll only go to the windows mobile page then restart

5 of 11 (6,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2009 8:58:02 AM
(0)
Guru

First, if you can return you're Incite do so. It's seriously not a good phone. Period.

Second, if you can't return it take it to the warranty center near you or call 1-800-331-0500 and have them direct you to the warranty people over the phone. Get it replaced.

First, if you can return you're Incite do so. It's seriously not a good phone. Period.

Second, if you can't return it take it to the warranty center near you or call 1-800-331-0500 and have them direct you to the warranty people over the phone. Get it replaced.

6 of 11 (6,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2009 1:09:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
I've had the issue drastically draining after regular usage.  After doing a hard reset, the problem seemed to be fixed.  Apparenlty there was a software glitch or something going on and the phone was thought it was still charging when it wasn't.  As a result, it pulled in more power that what it should have been pulling.
I've had the issue drastically draining after regular usage.  After doing a hard reset, the problem seemed to be fixed.  Apparenlty there was a software glitch or something going on and the phone was thought it was still charging when it wasn't.  As a result, it pulled in more power that what it should have been pulling.

7 of 11 (6,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2009 8:30:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had this same problem but I resolved it by removing the battery and SIM from the phone, and then re-inserting the battery back without the SIM. When I plug it back into the AC charger it started charging. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but give it a try and then post your result here.

I had this same problem but I resolved it by removing the battery and SIM from the phone, and then re-inserting the battery back without the SIM. When I plug it back into the AC charger it started charging. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but give it a try and then post your result here.

8 of 11 (6,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2009 9:57:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
This happened to me last night. I tried two different chargers - they didn't work. Then I plugged it in to my USB port on my computer and that charged it - but it took a long time. This morning my phone seems to be working ok so far. I did sync it to my computer, so I'm keeping my contact list and appts up to date in case I need to get a replacement phone. I've only had this phone for about 2 months.
This happened to me last night. I tried two different chargers - they didn't work. Then I plugged it in to my USB port on my computer and that charged it - but it took a long time. This morning my phone seems to be working ok so far. I did sync it to my computer, so I'm keeping my contact list and appts up to date in case I need to get a replacement phone. I've only had this phone for about 2 months.

9 of 11 (6,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2009 3:05:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
For two straight days, my Incite decided to drain it's battery at 2PM (4 bars full) to finally dying out at 5PM.  Took it off the charger at 8AM both mornings.  I messed and tweaked with the power and back light settings and seems to be behaving it self.  I didn't do any drastic changes to the phone, just the normal routine of answering/making calls and text messages.  So far today, the Incite is behaving itself now.  I know this isn't really related to the charging thing, but I just wanted to say my two cents as this could still be battery related.
For two straight days, my Incite decided to drain it's battery at 2PM (4 bars full) to finally dying out at 5PM.  Took it off the charger at 8AM both mornings.  I messed and tweaked with the power and back light settings and seems to be behaving it self.  I didn't do any drastic changes to the phone, just the normal routine of answering/making calls and text messages.  So far today, the Incite is behaving itself now.  I know this isn't really related to the charging thing, but I just wanted to say my two cents as this could still be battery related.

10 of 11 (6,194 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2010 3:49:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

I know this thread is kind of old, but I had the same problem and found a solution so I am hoping that if anyone has this problem with an LG Incite, that they might find this helpful.

My Incite would not power on, and would not respond to an AC charger or the USB Data cable. The solution that I found was that for some reason the battery was not properly making contact with the phone. I took off the back cover and pushed the battery up, towards the contacts, and then tried powering the phone on (while I was still holding the battery) the phone powered on immediately. I really don't know if it is what you're "supposed" to do but I stuck a small piece of cotton between the bottom of the battery and where it sits in the phone, to hold a tight fit.

Hope that this helps with anyone else who has this problem...and several people have said that the LG Incite is a terrible phone, and I have never had any major problems with it at all. Hope this helps.

I know this thread is kind of old, but I had the same problem and found a solution so I am hoping that if anyone has this problem with an LG Incite, that they might find this helpful.

My Incite would not power on, and would not respond to an AC charger or the USB Data cable. The solution that I found was that for some reason the battery was not properly making contact with the phone. I took off the back cover and pushed the battery up, towards the contacts, and then tried powering the phone on (while I was still holding the battery) the phone powered on immediately. I really don't know if it is what you're "supposed" to do but I stuck a small piece of cotton between the bottom of the battery and where it sits in the phone, to hold a tight fit.

Hope that this helps with anyone else who has this problem...and several people have said that the LG Incite is a terrible phone, and I have never had any major problems with it at all. Hope this helps.

11 of 11 (1,998 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments