LG Incite - How to Change the Ringtone File Size Limit

Scholar

LG Incite - How to Change the Ringtone File Size Limit

[ Edited ]

This is a short tutorial on how to increase the size limit on ringtones for your Incite (and HTC Fuze). This will involve making a simple change to your phone's registry. Things that you will need to begin: a PC, ActiveSync (XP) / WMDC (Vista), and CERegEditor a free program that can be found here...

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-ceregeditor-v0-0-3-0.html

Download and install CERegEditor and then connect your Incite with the USB cable. The ActiveSync window should pop up and your phone's LED light should be a constant red. Next, Open CERegEditor and follow the pictures below. Note: BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH OR CHANGE ANYTHING EXCEPT WHAT'S LISTED OR ELSE YOU COULD HAVE A $200 PAPERWEIGHT.

I posted a tutorial on making ringtones with the free music editor Audacity here... 

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=LG&thread.id=26422&page=2

Footnote: it doesn't have to be 600KB...it can be anything you want, but keep in mind that the bigger the ringtone, the more processor bandwith is require to process it and hence you could give yourself other problems. I've verified the above number and it easily gives you a 96kbps mp3 for 30 seconds. It could probably handle 128k too.

Goodluck and enjoy!

Message Edited by Sandspurious on 03-01-2009 05:23:10 PM
Message Edited by Sandspurious on 03-01-2009 05:27:31 PM
Message 1 of 19 (20,968 Views)
Contributor

Re: LG Incite - How to Change the Ringtone File Size Limit

I followed these steps word for word and I am still getting Access Denied when I try to change the FileSizeLimit.  I perform the Unlock Registry step multiple times and even get the message that I should be able to edit the registry.  Can you think of anything else I can try?
Message 16 of 19 (2,958 Views)
Contributor

Got it. I had to accept the editing at the phone.
Message 17 of 19 (2,956 Views)
Contributor

I did this today, it worked first try with zero problems...I also went with the larger size of 6mb Smiley Very Happy Thaks for the write up!
Message 18 of 19 (2,693 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

MDestis..and Sandspurious thank you both for your help...I missed the same thing Mdestis missed and kept getting the same message..access denied...but  now it works charmingly..thanks a bunch...

Message 19 of 19 (1,958 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support