LG Encore ( Time on text received incorrect)

Contributor

LG Encore ( Time on text received incorrect)

So, I just bought an Encore yesterday and right away it seemed that when I receive texts, the time is wrong on when I received them. For example, I got a text at 4:45 but the time on the text said 9:45. My clock is right on my phone. Someone please help me!! 

Message 1 of 8 (3,797 Views)
Contributor

Re: LG Encore ( Time on text received incorrect)

Ah! I got the same phone yesterday and my texts have been messing up. I went to at&t and I have to wait until my mom can figure out her password to call and try to fix it.. Smiley Sad But they weren't sure what was wrong with it and their display phone of it was messing up too. How do you fix it?

Message 2 of 8 (3,336 Views)
Contributor

Same problem here! I called lg and the said there working on the problem they dk y its doing it there blaming it on the at&t network!

Message 3 of 8 (3,260 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Scholar
ACE - Scholar

The time on the text should be the sent time, not the received time. Does that help at all?

-jts

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (3,229 Views)
Contributor

i have the same problem. all my msgs are 5 hours off. seems everybody has this prob and nobody has the solution.

Message 5 of 8 (1,857 Views)
Contributor

my phone is doing the same as well. the time is either 3hrs or 5 hrs diffrent

Message 6 of 8 (1,761 Views)
Tutor

Update the phones software. I had this same problem and the software update solved it!

Go to Tools and Settings

Click on More

Scroll down to software update

Follow the directions.

Problem solved on my phone! Hope it works for you.

Message 7 of 8 (1,315 Views)
Contributor

i have tried the system update but it tells me there is no update but my text message times are still wrong? is there any other way to fix it

Message 8 of 8 (1,142 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.