Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 23, 2011
5:07:10 PM
View profile
LG Encore ( Time on text received incorrect)

So, I just bought an Encore yesterday and right away it seemed that when I receive texts, the time is wrong on when I received them. For example, I got a text at 4:45 but the time on the text said 9:45. My clock is right on my phone. Someone please help me!! 

So, I just bought an Encore yesterday and right away it seemed that when I receive texts, the time is wrong on when I received them. For example, I got a text at 4:45 but the time on the text said 9:45. My clock is right on my phone. Someone please help me!! 

LG Encore ( Time on text received incorrect)

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 5:11:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ah! I got the same phone yesterday and my texts have been messing up. I went to at&t and I have to wait until my mom can figure out her password to call and try to fix it.. Smiley Sad But they weren't sure what was wrong with it and their display phone of it was messing up too. How do you fix it?

Ah! I got the same phone yesterday and my texts have been messing up. I went to at&t and I have to wait until my mom can figure out her password to call and try to fix it.. Smiley Sad But they weren't sure what was wrong with it and their display phone of it was messing up too. How do you fix it?

Re: LG Encore ( Time on text received incorrect)

2 of 8 (3,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2011 1:39:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem here! I called lg and the said there working on the problem they dk y its doing it there blaming it on the at&t network!

Same problem here! I called lg and the said there working on the problem they dk y its doing it there blaming it on the at&t network!

3 of 8 (3,247 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 9:34:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

The time on the text should be the sent time, not the received time. Does that help at all?

-jts

The time on the text should be the sent time, not the received time. Does that help at all?

-jts

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (3,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2012 7:15:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

i have the same problem. all my msgs are 5 hours off. seems everybody has this prob and nobody has the solution.

i have the same problem. all my msgs are 5 hours off. seems everybody has this prob and nobody has the solution.

5 of 8 (1,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 11:48:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

my phone is doing the same as well. the time is either 3hrs or 5 hrs diffrent

my phone is doing the same as well. the time is either 3hrs or 5 hrs diffrent

6 of 8 (1,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2012 7:42:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Update the phones software. I had this same problem and the software update solved it!

Go to Tools and Settings

Click on More

Scroll down to software update

Follow the directions.

Problem solved on my phone! Hope it works for you.

Update the phones software. I had this same problem and the software update solved it!

Go to Tools and Settings

Click on More

Scroll down to software update

Follow the directions.

Problem solved on my phone! Hope it works for you.

7 of 8 (1,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2012 10:31:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

i have tried the system update but it tells me there is no update but my text message times are still wrong? is there any other way to fix it

i have tried the system update but it tells me there is no update but my text message times are still wrong? is there any other way to fix it

8 of 8 (1,129 Views)