[LEAK] Atrix 4G for $150 On Contract (Feb 11?)

Scholar

[LEAK] Atrix 4G for $150 On Contract (Feb 11?)

Both AmazonWireless and Costco were/are showing the Motorola Atrix 4G for $150 on contract. Motorola will also be enabling 1080p video recording after release as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/motorola-atrix-4g-goes-up-on-amazonwireless-150-on-february-11/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/28/motorola-atrix-4g-apparently-priced-at-150-by-costco-too/

Message 1 of 6 (2,023 Views)
Teacher

Re: [LEAK] Atrix 4G for $150 On Contract (Feb 11?)

i really dont want to add another line hoping its not more than $600 without contract  also hoping $50 for media dock and $150 for laptop dock....damm $800..my wifes gonna kill me! lol..this thing is gonna be beast tho! really cant wait HURRY UP AND RELEASE THIS THING att before we get quad core phones! also hearing rumors of a possible unlocked boot loader which would be the best thing ever.

Message 2 of 6 (1,890 Views)
Scholar

Why not just buy it on contract?
Message 3 of 6 (1,811 Views)
Scholar

I'm only assuming he's not up for an upgrade/new contract and as he said he didn't want to add another line just to get the contract price.

Message 4 of 6 (1,790 Views)
Contributor

I'd be all over this phone IF it supported LTE, but it doesn't.  At&T 3g is not going to be developed any further now that 4g is on the way, and this phone will not support 4G (not realy 4g, just hdspa).  I was super pumped about this until I found out that the primary function of the phone will be crippled from the start, considering LTE is allegedly starting in mid 2011.  

Very sad Smiley Sad

All I want is a phone with tegra 2 , 8mp camera, AND LTE support!  Pllleeaaase, make my dreams come true!

Message 5 of 6 (1,716 Views)
Teacher

Yeah im not up for a upgrade for another 6 months, so to buy it on contract price($200) plus $200 early upgrade fee, id be paying $400 to get locked into another 2 years with ATT, it makes even more sense now that W/O contract price is $499....but im probaly gonna go with the inspire now, dont see a point getting it with the ridiculous tethering requirment for the docks, so..ill get the inspire, wait it out for my upgrade, and hopefully att comes to there senses by then.

Message 6 of 6 (1,295 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.