Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 24, 2011
3:25:20 PM
View profile
L100 vs L103

I recently tried to login to my ATT.com account and upon my first attempt was given the following error message:

L103: As a security precaution, your account has been locked. For further assistance, you may click the image below to access our live Click to Chat group during the following times: 8:00am – 10:00pm M-F, 8:00am – 9:00pm Sat ET; or call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your wireless phone.

I understand that the account is automatically locked for one hour after 6 failed attempts so this message was a bit disconcerting. Does anyone know the difference between this error message and message L100 where it states the account is only locked for one hour? I just want to know if my login information was compromised because if so, that creates a seperate issue I may have to deal with.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently tried to login to my ATT.com account and upon my first attempt was given the following error message:

L103: As a security precaution, your account has been locked. For further assistance, you may click the image below to access our live Click to Chat group during the following times: 8:00am – 10:00pm M-F, 8:00am – 9:00pm Sat ET; or call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your wireless phone.

I understand that the account is automatically locked for one hour after 6 failed attempts so this message was a bit disconcerting. Does anyone know the difference between this error message and message L100 where it states the account is only locked for one hour? I just want to know if my login information was compromised because if so, that creates a seperate issue I may have to deal with.

Thanks in advance for any help.

L100 vs L103

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 8:19:55 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Did you receive the L100 error first and then receive this oneafter trying to login again?

Were you able to contact support to get this resolved or do we still need to help out?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Did you receive the L100 error first and then receive this oneafter trying to login again?

Were you able to contact support to get this resolved or do we still need to help out?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: L100 vs L103

2 of 11 (1,832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2011 6:08:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for replying,

No, I received the L103 message only. I've received the L100 message in the past and just wanted to know the difference. I've already resolved the issue but I just wanted to get further insight into the problem.

Thanks for replying,

No, I received the L103 message only. I've received the L100 message in the past and just wanted to know the difference. I've already resolved the issue but I just wanted to get further insight into the problem.

3 of 11 (1,825 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2011 7:30:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Anyone?
Anyone?

4 of 11 (1,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 11:44:52 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office for the holidays. 

I'm not sure why you received that message first. You should have gotten the one hour lockout before it's completely locked. Please let us know if it happens again. 

--------------

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office for the holidays. 

I'm not sure why you received that message first. You should have gotten the one hour lockout before it's completely locked. Please let us know if it happens again. 

--------------

5 of 11 (1,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 12:46:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks again for the reply. I should probably clarify my question a bit to get the answer I'm looking for. Basically, I just want to know what is the difference in criteria used to determine an L103 error message as opposed to an L100. I'm trying guage whether someone attemtped accessing my account or if was just some sort of of system error? Is that common?

Thank you, Jamileh.

Thanks again for the reply. I should probably clarify my question a bit to get the answer I'm looking for. Basically, I just want to know what is the difference in criteria used to determine an L103 error message as opposed to an L100. I'm trying guage whether someone attemtped accessing my account or if was just some sort of of system error? Is that common?

Thank you, Jamileh.

6 of 11 (1,776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 12:51:58 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

The L103 error is like L100's big brother and is implemented when fraud is suspected. 

I can't speculate as to what may have led up to you specifically receiving that error before the L100 error but something that appeared to be fraudulent activity would have triggered it. 

To be on the safe side, change your password. Smiley Happy

--------------

The L103 error is like L100's big brother and is implemented when fraud is suspected. 

I can't speculate as to what may have led up to you specifically receiving that error before the L100 error but something that appeared to be fraudulent activity would have triggered it. 

To be on the safe side, change your password. Smiley Happy

--------------

7 of 11 (1,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2012 4:14:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

hello...i am having the same L103 problem.  i forgot the 4 digit security code that i added to my online account and i can not log in.

i've got to several at&t stores and theysaid that they can not help me, customer service has not helped me either.

what can i do to fix this?

hello...i am having the same L103 problem.  i forgot the 4 digit security code that i added to my online account and i can not log in.

i've got to several at&t stores and theysaid that they can not help me, customer service has not helped me either.

what can i do to fix this?

8 of 11 (1,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2012 10:55:43 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I hope that you've been able to login since you posted but please let me know if you are still having trouble. 

--------------

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I hope that you've been able to login since you posted but please let me know if you are still having trouble. 

--------------

9 of 11 (1,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2012 6:31:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

still no luck...can't do anything, not even reset the password

still no luck...can't do anything, not even reset the password

10 of 11 (1,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2012 5:51:21 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Sorry to hear that. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

Sorry to hear that. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

11 of 11 (1,346 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments