Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2011
12:15:17 PM
View profile
Kindle app icon opens market instead on GS2
Edited by freshly on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:16:18 PM

Samsung GS2 -

Just curious if anyone else noticed this problem, or perhaps had a solution. When I click the Amazon Kindle app icon, it opens the Andoid Marketplace app instead. Uninstalling and re-installing the Kindle app did not fix the issue.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas to fix it are appreciated.

Thanks

Samsung GS2 -

Just curious if anyone else noticed this problem, or perhaps had a solution. When I click the Amazon Kindle app icon, it opens the Andoid Marketplace app instead. Uninstalling and re-installing the Kindle app did not fix the issue.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas to fix it are appreciated.

Thanks

Kindle app icon opens market instead on GS2

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 1:04:28 PM
(0)
Master

IIRC, out of box, it is a shortcut to market for downloading and installing the Kindle app. You need to install it within the market. Then, the icon will change to launch the app.

IIRC, out of box, it is a shortcut to market for downloading and installing the Kindle app. You need to install it within the market. Then, the icon will change to launch the app.

Re: Kindle app icon opens market instead on GS2

2 of 3 (178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 6:57:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

That's what I figured. However I apparently got myself into a bad state by deleting from Settings --> Applications, and then reinstalling from the Market. It was still linking to the Market app.

I fixed this by uninstalling it within the Market app first, then reinstalling from Market. Now it works correctly.

Thanks

That's what I figured. However I apparently got myself into a bad state by deleting from Settings --> Applications, and then reinstalling from the Market. It was still linking to the Market app.

I fixed this by uninstalling it within the Market app first, then reinstalling from Market. Now it works correctly.

Thanks

Re: Kindle app icon opens market instead on GS2

3 of 3 (164 Views)