Ask a question

Posted Oct 12, 2011
12:40:45 PM
View profile
Killing My unlimited plan

Hello,

It is very difficult to find an email address to contact someone at ATT on the website. If you are unable to assist with this email please forward it to the correct person.
I am writing you regarding the iphone data plan that I am being forced to change. I understand the issues you are having with some customers and do understand why things have to change. However once that person gets a warning message and stops they should not be forced to change after the fact. I am a heavy iphone user and ATT should be proud to have me using their service. Your revenue numbers should reflect this very well. I am simply asking you not to remove my unlimited plan, if I start using tethering please simply add a tethering plan to my service, not remove my unlimited plan. I am a customer that has been in ATT's service for a while and this does not show the customer service I have grown to expect from ATT.
I await your response and hope to continue business with ATT. 
-Jerrit
Capture123.JPG

Killing My unlimited plan

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 1:37:06 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Jerrit, 

As you know, our unlimited plan does not offer tethering. 

Based on your graph below, with the exception of August, you are well below the amount of data our 4GB/$45 tethering data plan offers during each month. It sounds like this is the best option for your needs at this time. 

I see that you're very familar with the tools AT&T offers to monitor your data usage so I encourage you to continue utilizing these tools to monitor your usage during each month.

I'm happy to put you in touch with someone to review your options and help you select the plan that fits your needs. If you'd like me to have someone contact you directly, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Killing My unlimited plan

2 of 10 (549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 1:41:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes that is a very nice offer. Why would I want to pay more if unlimited is free? I am not tethering either.

3 of 10 (547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 3:33:38 PM
(0)
Professor

jerritp wrote:
Yes that is a very nice offer. Why would I want to pay more if unlimited is free? I am not tethering either.

What are your basic activity for the data usage shown in your chart?  I've read where someone else received the same message warning on another web site forum and the poster said he wsnt tethering but someting "flags" the message.  This is the part that concerns me.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

4 of 10 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 3:50:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have asked the CSR to show me proof I have still be tethering and they state they don't have to prove this. They simply talk you into loops. I am not that heavy of a data user as you can tell. Big Biz pushing their customers around for more money. 

5 of 10 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 3:51:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did watch some netflix but if that is an issue then they should have netflix 3g turned off. The simple point is I am on the unlimited plan, I shouldn't have to change any thing I do if this is the case. 

6 of 10 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 4:05:59 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi Jerrit, 

I understand what you're saying. Without looking at your account, it sounds like your plan was discontinued because you were using tethering, which is not permitted with any other data plan than the one I referenced above. 

I also understand that you've stated you are no longer tethering, however the activity that prompted the change in your plan has already taken place. 

Please take a look at some of the normal data plans we offer. You may find a less expensive plan than the unlimited data plan you're currently paying for. 

Here's a link that reviews the smartphone dataplans we currently offer: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/services/services-list.jsp?catId=cat1510009&catName=Smartphone+Services

As I mentioned earlier, I'm happy to put you in touch with someone who can review all this information with you and take your feedback about your experience with this issue. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 10 (529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 4:33:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

If this is the case then ATT shouldn't send a message that says Stop tethering or be moved to another plan. It should say your done mate. We are moving you over to a higher paying account. Your text messages are just automated and don't mean anything?

8 of 10 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 4:41:57 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:44:50 PM

I honestly cannot offer any additional insight into this issue without looking at your account. 

Please let me know if you'd like me to have a member of our team give you a call. 

--------------

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 5:33:17 PM
(0)
Professor

jerritp wrote:

So youve never tethered or have tethered and stopped? I am concerned because I do stream youtube, netflox, etc. my data seem to fit your graph but I havent been notified of my unlimited pattern. I never tethered and just want to know if youve never tethered at all and got the warning
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

10 of 10 (516 Views)