Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 28, 2011
10:26:37 AM
View profile
Kies Via WIFI missing on AT&T version of Galaxy S II

Is anyone else missing the Kies via WIFI option under Wireless and Network settings?  Every other carrier that offers the Galaxy SII seems to have retained that option from Samsung to enable wireless syncing of music, pictures, contacts, etc, but both my girlfriend's and my S2 are missing this option.  We both have the att versions, although we got them at different times.

Is this missing for anyone else is is this just us?  I haven't found anythinng on line about this issue.

Is anyone else missing the Kies via WIFI option under Wireless and Network settings?  Every other carrier that offers the Galaxy SII seems to have retained that option from Samsung to enable wireless syncing of music, pictures, contacts, etc, but both my girlfriend's and my S2 are missing this option.  We both have the att versions, although we got them at different times.

Is this missing for anyone else is is this just us?  I haven't found anythinng on line about this issue.

Kies Via WIFI missing on AT&T version of Galaxy S II

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2011 7:09:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

I do not have that in my settings but I do have a "Kies air" app that works just fine without changing any settings.

I do not have that in my settings but I do have a "Kies air" app that works just fine without changing any settings.

Re: Kies Via WIFI missing on AT&T version of Galaxy S II

2 of 4 (729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2011 7:47:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've used Kies Air quite a bit.  Kies Air doesn't do wireless syncing, though, it just makes your phone a temporary web server.  I really don't get why they would have removed this functionality.

I've used Kies Air quite a bit.  Kies Air doesn't do wireless syncing, though, it just makes your phone a temporary web server.  I really don't get why they would have removed this functionality.

3 of 4 (701 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2011 8:53:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I noticed that the Kies desktop program has an option for wireless syncing but I have not used it and do not know if it works for the Galaxy S II.  Have you tryied the desktop program yet?

I noticed that the Kies desktop program has an option for wireless syncing but I have not used it and do not know if it works for the Galaxy S II.  Have you tryied the desktop program yet?

4 of 4 (684 Views)