Helpful Links

Keeping my data plan

Contributor

Keeping my data plan

Right now, I have an iPhone (with the Unlimited Data for iPhone plan) and am on a family plan. My discounted upgrade date has arrived and I want to upgrade to an HTC smartphone. I've heard that those who upgraded to the iPhone 4S a couple of months ago got to keep their grandfathered unlimited data plans, so I'd like to know:

1) Can I still keep my unlimited data through an upgrade, and 2) if so, does it only apply to iPhones and their similar data plans, or can I also go from Unlimited Data for iPhone to Unlimited Data for Smartphones?

I've been reading around the net for confirmation on this, but everything I found was a couple of months old.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Keeping my data plan

iranez wrote:

Right now, I have an iPhone (with the Unlimited Data for iPhone plan) and am on a family plan. My discounted upgrade date has arrived and I want to upgrade to an HTC smartphone. I've heard that those who upgraded to the iPhone 4S a couple of months ago got to keep their grandfathered unlimited data plans, so I'd like to know:

1) Can I still keep my unlimited data through an upgrade, and 2) if so, does it only apply to iPhones and their similar data plans, or can I also go from Unlimited Data for iPhone to Unlimited Data for Smartphones?

I've been reading around the net for confirmation on this, but everything I found was a couple of months old.

yes you are entitled to keep the smartphone unlimited data plan if you upgrade to another smartphone. Best results is to do it at a corporate store and verify that the plan has transfered with no issues before you sign off on the terms just to be on the safe side.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support