Ask a question

Posted Oct 5, 2007
    9:47:59 PM
    Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers
    Edited by flightsoffancy on Oct 5, 2007 at 9:48:56 PM
    I keep getting unwanted texts from 1010100011 and sequential numbers.  It started with 1010100001 and is up to 12 now.  I know who is sending these messages, but obviously can't prove it since they're coming from these numbers.  Does anyone know anything about these and to whom this spam needs to be reported?

Thanks!

Message Edited by flightsoffancy on 10-05-2007 09:48:56 PM

Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

[ Edited ]
    23 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (23)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2007 12:32:36 AM
    (0)
    Master

flightsoffancy wrote:
    I keep getting unwanted texts from 1010100011 and sequential numbers.  It started with 1010100001 and is up to 12 now.  I know who is sending these messages, but obviously can't prove it since they're coming from these numbers.  Does anyone know anything about these and to whom this spam needs to be reported?

Thanks!

Message Edited by flightsoffancy on 10-05-2007 09:48:56 PM

Sounds like it might be spam. I know people have been complaining about spam recently, but A&T hasn't really done anything about it. You can try to reply back STOP.  See if the text messages stop coming to your phone. 

Here are some threads where people have talked about Spam in case you would like to read some of the posts and advice:
    http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=messaging&message.id=20215

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=messaging&message.id=10519

Re: Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

2 of 24 (4,229 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2007 9:27:24 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    It is spam in that it's unwanted, but it's from a particular person.  I'd like to be able to block "her" from sending these messages.  She's sending them anonymously by using these numbers, but I know they're from her and I'd like to be able to block this and any sequential numbers from her.

3 of 24 (4,207 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2007 9:42:13 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Thanks for those links.  The one had some valuable information in it and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one receiving these messages.  I would still like to be able to stop them, though.  And I know it's from a particular person because she mentioned a local-only store that I frequent. 

4 of 24 (4,202 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2007 12:45:37 PM
    (0)
    Expert

flightsoffancy wrote:
         It is spam in that it's unwanted, but it's from a particular person.  I'd like to be able to block "her" from sending these messages.  She's sending them anonymously by using these numbers, but I know they're from her and I'd like to be able to block this and any sequential numbers from her.

These numbers are actually numbers assigned by another service, usually associated with a messaging client such as MSN etc.............

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

5 of 24 (4,188 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 6, 2007 2:05:49 PM
    (0)
    Master
    There is always the option of changing your phone number.  That would require a fee of $36 to change your number.  If you tell customer care that your getting tons of spam, then they might wave the fee. 

6 of 24 (4,182 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 7, 2007 9:14:59 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    She may not actually be sending them "anonymously" (unless it doesn't tell you who it is from in your message header information) and she's not actually choosing to send them from those numbers.  That is the way the at&t system works for messages sent to your phonenumber@txt.att.net from an e-mail address.

I agree that at&t needs to provide tools for customers to manage unwanted SMS e-mail.  Smiley Sad
                                                                                                                             =^..^=
    There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 24 (4,158 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 14, 2007 11:37:02 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Now she's sending them from an MSN account.  Looks like the harrassment won't stop, so I'll just have to change my number.  Seems like stalking would constitute being able to block somebody or get a free change of number, at least.

Thanks for the help.

8 of 24 (4,034 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 14, 2007 5:23:28 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    You're welcome.  Wish there were a better answer. Smiley Sad
                                                                                                                             =^..^=
    There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 24 (4,015 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 26, 2008 9:19:44 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Was there a reply to any of these messages found in your DRAFT folder?

10 of 24 (3,541 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 8, 2008 2:26:10 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I am getting those same text messages from that same number and sequential numbers. What ever happened to your spammer? What did you do? Any ideas people???? This is annoying!

11 of 24 (3,328 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 8, 2008 3:10:17 PM
    (0)
    Expert

purpleramage wrote:
         I am getting those same text messages from that same number and sequential numbers. What ever happened to your spammer? What did you do? Any ideas people???? This is annoying!

Sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing this issue. If the message is coming in the format of an email address, please visit the company's website to unsubscribe, either by following a link with "unsubscribe" instructions or by contacting the company directly to find out their procedure.

Should the messages be coming from a 5 digit short code or a short code of any length, please reply to the last message received with the words STOP, END, QUIT, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of the message.

Should the messages be coming from a short code of "36245", that means that someone has attempted to send an email directed to yourmobilenumber@txt.att.net.

If the following has already been done and are still receiving spam messages, please be advised that there is an escalation procedure set in place for reporting spam issues. To have your issue escalated, please contact customer service at 800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless device to do so. Please keep in mind that any spam messages received from an email address must be handled by contacting the company that is sending the messages directly.

If you have recently activated your service or had a number change and are now receiving third party messages or subscriptions that you did not sign up for, please contact customer service to have your issue escalated for "Unsolicited text messages due to recycled numbers".

Please be advised that any messages received with "ADMIN" in the from field means that the message was sent by at&t and will not incur any additional charges; however if you have experienced overage charges due to these spam text messages, please contact customer service at 800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless device to have the charges reviewed and waived. Thank you.

Reference #72299

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

12 of 24 (3,319 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 8, 2008 4:08:26 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I started getting them yesterday. They are text messages to the phone number, not emails.  I've not given out my number to anything remotely related to these sites (yougotcrusedon.com, www.outadebt2008.com).  The "From" is 1010100001 and 1010100002.  AND THIS IS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING.  Please do something about it.

13 of 24 (3,303 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 8, 2008 4:20:21 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I starting getting these messages too.  I just tried the tech chat but got disconnected before I got an answer.  There has to be a way to block these unwanted text messages.  I do not even use my text message feature so I have no plan for it.  I don't want to have to have to pay for spam.  AT & T help here!

14 of 24 (3,297 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 8, 2008 5:26:49 PM
    (0)
    Master
    If you don't send/receive text msgs, you canl call customer care to remove text messaging for your phone altogether.

One member of my plan doesn't TM, so had it blocked to his phone.

pborskey wrote:
    I starting getting these messages too.  I just tried the tech chat but got disconnected before I got an answer.  There has to be a way to block these unwanted text messages.  I do not even use my text message feature so I have no plan for it.  I don't want to have to have to pay for spam.  AT & T help here!

Posted from my Samsung Captivate

15 of 24 (3,285 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 8, 2008 8:14:16 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I have been getting the same messages, so far from 1010100001-101010010. they all have different links, to similar sites. www.getcrushedon.com, www.yougotcrushedon.com, www.gotspringcrush.com, www.springlovecalc.com and so on. i do not know a way to stop these. i have yet to figure it out. its been happening since yesterday, and im very annoyed because i only use 200 messages a month, and i need them. if i go over because of these, im going to be very mad.
    i reported the problem to the fcc. google fcc spam text messages and you can find a way to report them. spam messages are illegal.
    anyone know a way to stop them, and if you can get them removed from your bill?

16 of 24 (3,255 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 9, 2008 8:59:25 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    This problem started on Friday. Both my wife and I have been spamed with endless, unwanted text messages. It appears to be a system wide problem with Cingular and they should correct it. I am sure Cingular doesn't want their system tied up with large amounts of garbage data. I believe they have ways of monitoring call volume and should have noticed some abnormal activity.

17 of 24 (3,195 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 9, 2008 3:47:56 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I also started receiving these messages on Friday.  Have received over 10 so far.  I don't use text messaging either.  Does anyone know how to remove it from my plan.

18 of 24 (3,156 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 10, 2008 5:28:20 AM
    (0)
    Expert

Chuck0923 wrote:
         I also started receiving these messages on Friday.  Have received over 10 so far.  I don't use text messaging either.  Does anyone know how to remove it from my plan.

Call customer care and Reference #72299 to them.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

19 of 24 (3,104 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 10, 2008 5:59:11 AM
    (0)
    Voyager
    Same Happening here.  It started on 3/08.   Never happened before then.

All of them relate to VIEWMYSECRETCRUSH.COM or something similar.

20 of 24 (3,090 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 10, 2008 6:36:15 AM
    (0)
    Former Moderator
    We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. I've forwarded it on to management for review. I will post as soon as an update is made avaialble to me. Thank you.

21 of 24 (2,018 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 10, 2008 7:01:53 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I have also been getting these messages since Friday, from ugotacrush.com, springcrush.com, FreePopEyes.com, etc. I filed an FCC complaint, and sent "STOP" to one of the messages. Unfortunately, the ugotacrush.com website states that AT&T customers will be charged $19.99 a month for receiving these calls, and they will be billed to their wireless account. I am definately not paying this outrageous fee, since my total bill is under $10 a month (on my parent's family plan). I never signed up for this nonsense, and really hope it stops. It is bordering on harassment!

22 of 24 (2,009 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 10, 2008 7:41:43 AM
    (0)
    Expert

jennifer12382 wrote:
         I have also been getting these messages since Friday, from ugotacrush.com, springcrush.com, FreePopEyes.com, etc. I filed an FCC complaint, and sent "STOP" to one of the messages. Unfortunately, the ugotacrush.com website states that AT&T customers will be charged $19.99 a month for receiving these calls, and they will be billed to their wireless account. I am definately not paying this outrageous fee, since my total bill is under $10 a month (on my parent's family plan). I never signed up for this nonsense, and really hope it stops. It is bordering on harassment!
         You can call customer care to add the purchase blocker to your account [Has To Be Done For Each Line On The Account], this will stop any further subscriptions and or purchases to your wireless number, you will also get a email with a pin number in it [For Each Number That Activates This Option]...

Purchase Blocker allows you to turn off their Direct Bill capabilities. This means that you will not be Allowed [Intentionally or unintentionally] to purchase Cingular Direct Bill content such as ring tones and it will prevent DirectBill Charges and subscriptions from 3rd party content partners.

This includes any new subscription as well as stopping the billing of any existing subscription. This can be done directly from the device itself.

• Simply access your Medianet homepage.
    • Select on Customize MediaNet option.
      • Should you need further assistance you can also contact customer service for further assistance, All contact numbers and hours of business can be found at this link HERE.

Also there is a reference number that the moderators of this forums have posted when they have responded to this themselves, I do not know what it is for or what it tells you, but I do know that customer care should be able to relay the needed info to you if you call and ask them about if....  reference # 79972

Knight Rider Rules.gif

23 of 24 (2,001 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 17, 2008 8:41:05 PM
    (0)
    Voyager
    In case anyone from AT&T is reading:

The ongoing spam problem is way out of hand! I have 4 different lines of service w/ AT&T and 2 of the 4 are having spam problems on a daily level. The messages do not show an email address, they have multiple websites listed, the from number starts at 1010100001 and increases, and some of them contain explicit language!

As a customer I want to know when a REAL solution to this problem will be given. Turning off txt messaging on a teenager's phone makes the phone useless (in their eyes), the mymessages site doesn't give the options that we truly need, changing the phone # is just plain stupid, and I'm sure as **** not going to pay an additional monthly fee for: smartlimitsforwireless.

Why is it that the burden always falls on the consumer to fix your mistakes? I'm sick and tired of everyone simply pointing their fingers at the next guy and saying "it's out of their hands." If you can't stop the spam then eliminate the charges for receiving messages. Maybe we as customers just need to close our accounts and go "cell-free."

Any response?

24 of 24 (1,633 Views)