Helpful Links

Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

I keep getting unwanted texts from 1010100011 and sequential numbers.  It started with 1010100001 and is up to 12 now.  I know who is sending these messages, but obviously can't prove it since they're coming from these numbers.  Does anyone know anything about these and to whom this spam needs to be reported?

Thanks!

Message Edited by flightsoffancy on 10-05-2007 09:48:56 PM
Message 1 of 24
Master

Re: Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

flightsoffancy wrote:
I keep getting unwanted texts from 1010100011 and sequential numbers.  It started with 1010100001 and is up to 12 now.  I know who is sending these messages, but obviously can't prove it since they're coming from these numbers.  Does anyone know anything about these and to whom this spam needs to be reported?

Thanks!

Message Edited by flightsoffancy on 10-05-2007 09:48:56 PM

Sounds like it might be spam. I know people have been complaining about spam recently, but A&T hasn't really done anything about it. You can try to reply back STOP.  See if the text messages stop coming to your phone. 

Here are some threads where people have talked about Spam in case you would like to read some of the posts and advice:
http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=messaging&message.id=20215

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=messaging&message.id=10519

Message 2 of 24

It is spam in that it's unwanted, but it's from a particular person.  I'd like to be able to block "her" from sending these messages.  She's sending them anonymously by using these numbers, but I know they're from her and I'd like to be able to block this and any sequential numbers from her.
Message 3 of 24

Thanks for those links.  The one had some valuable information in it and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one receiving these messages.  I would still like to be able to stop them, though.  And I know it's from a particular person because she mentioned a local-only store that I frequent. 
Message 4 of 24
Expert

flightsoffancy wrote:
     It is spam in that it's unwanted, but it's from a particular person.  I'd like to be able to block "her" from sending these messages.  She's sending them anonymously by using these numbers, but I know they're from her and I'd like to be able to block this and any sequential numbers from her.

These numbers are actually numbers assigned by another service, usually associated with a messaging client such as MSN etc.............
Message 5 of 24
Master

There is always the option of changing your phone number.  That would require a fee of $36 to change your number.  If you tell customer care that your getting tons of spam, then they might wave the fee. 
Message 6 of 24
Master

She may not actually be sending them "anonymously" (unless it doesn't tell you who it is from in your message header information) and she's not actually choosing to send them from those numbers.  That is the way the at&t system works for messages sent to your phonenumber@txt.att.net from an e-mail address.

I agree that at&t needs to provide tools for customers to manage unwanted SMS e-mail.  Smiley Sad
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 24

Now she's sending them from an MSN account.  Looks like the harrassment won't stop, so I'll just have to change my number.  Seems like stalking would constitute being able to block somebody or get a free change of number, at least.

Thanks for the help.
Message 8 of 24
Master

You're welcome.  Wish there were a better answer. Smiley Sad
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 9 of 24
Contributor

Was there a reply to any of these messages found in your DRAFT folder?
Message 10 of 24
Contributor

I am getting those same text messages from that same number and sequential numbers. What ever happened to your spammer? What did you do? Any ideas people???? This is annoying!
Message 11 of 24
Expert

purpleramage wrote:
     I am getting those same text messages from that same number and sequential numbers. What ever happened to your spammer? What did you do? Any ideas people???? This is annoying!

Sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing this issue. If the message is coming in the format of an email address, please visit the company's website to unsubscribe, either by following a link with "unsubscribe" instructions or by contacting the company directly to find out their procedure.

Should the messages be coming from a 5 digit short code or a short code of any length, please reply to the last message received with the words STOP, END, QUIT, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE in the body of the message.

Should the messages be coming from a short code of "36245", that means that someone has attempted to send an email directed to yourmobilenumber@txt.att.net.

If the following has already been done and are still receiving spam messages, please be advised that there is an escalation procedure set in place for reporting spam issues. To have your issue escalated, please contact customer service at 800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless device to do so. Please keep in mind that any spam messages received from an email address must be handled by contacting the company that is sending the messages directly.

If you have recently activated your service or had a number change and are now receiving third party messages or subscriptions that you did not sign up for, please contact customer service to have your issue escalated for "Unsolicited text messages due to recycled numbers".

Please be advised that any messages received with "ADMIN" in the from field means that the message was sent by at&t and will not incur any additional charges; however if you have experienced overage charges due to these spam text messages, please contact customer service at 800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless device to have the charges reviewed and waived. Thank you.

Reference #72299

Message 12 of 24
Contributor

I started getting them yesterday. They are text messages to the phone number, not emails.  I've not given out my number to anything remotely related to these sites (yougotcrusedon.com, www.outadebt2008.com).  The "From" is 1010100001 and 1010100002.  AND THIS IS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING.  Please do something about it.
Message 13 of 24
Contributor

I starting getting these messages too.  I just tried the tech chat but got disconnected before I got an answer.  There has to be a way to block these unwanted text messages.  I do not even use my text message feature so I have no plan for it.  I don't want to have to have to pay for spam.  AT & T help here!
Message 14 of 24
Master

If you don't send/receive text msgs, you canl call customer care to remove text messaging for your phone altogether.

One member of my plan doesn't TM, so had it blocked to his phone.

pborskey wrote:
I starting getting these messages too.  I just tried the tech chat but got disconnected before I got an answer.  There has to be a way to block these unwanted text messages.  I do not even use my text message feature so I have no plan for it.  I don't want to have to have to pay for spam.  AT & T help here!

Message 15 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support