Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

Contributor

Re: Keep getting text messages from 1010100011, and sequential numbers

I have been getting the same messages, so far from 1010100001-101010010. they all have different links, to similar sites. www.getcrushedon.com, www.yougotcrushedon.com, www.gotspringcrush.com, www.springlovecalc.com and so on. i do not know a way to stop these. i have yet to figure it out. its been happening since yesterday, and im very annoyed because i only use 200 messages a month, and i need them. if i go over because of these, im going to be very mad.
i reported the problem to the fcc. google fcc spam text messages and you can find a way to report them. spam messages are illegal.
anyone know a way to stop them, and if you can get them removed from your bill?
Message 16 of 24 (3,387 Views)
Contributor

This problem started on Friday. Both my wife and I have been spamed with endless, unwanted text messages. It appears to be a system wide problem with Cingular and they should correct it. I am sure Cingular doesn't want their system tied up with large amounts of garbage data. I believe they have ways of monitoring call volume and should have noticed some abnormal activity.
Message 17 of 24 (3,327 Views)
Contributor

I also started receiving these messages on Friday.  Have received over 10 so far.  I don't use text messaging either.  Does anyone know how to remove it from my plan.
Message 18 of 24 (3,288 Views)
Expert

Chuck0923 wrote:
     I also started receiving these messages on Friday.  Have received over 10 so far.  I don't use text messaging either.  Does anyone know how to remove it from my plan.

Call customer care and Reference #72299 to them.
Message 19 of 24 (3,236 Views)

Same Happening here.  It started on 3/08.   Never happened before then.

All of them relate to VIEWMYSECRETCRUSH.COM or something similar.

Message 20 of 24 (3,222 Views)
Former Moderator

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. I've forwarded it on to management for review. I will post as soon as an update is made avaialble to me. Thank you.
Message 21 of 24 (2,150 Views)
Contributor

I have also been getting these messages since Friday, from ugotacrush.com, springcrush.com, FreePopEyes.com, etc. I filed an FCC complaint, and sent "STOP" to one of the messages. Unfortunately, the ugotacrush.com website states that AT&T customers will be charged $19.99 a month for receiving these calls, and they will be billed to their wireless account. I am definately not paying this outrageous fee, since my total bill is under $10 a month (on my parent's family plan). I never signed up for this nonsense, and really hope it stops. It is bordering on harassment!
Message 22 of 24 (2,141 Views)
Expert

jennifer12382 wrote:
     I have also been getting these messages since Friday, from ugotacrush.com, springcrush.com, FreePopEyes.com, etc. I filed an FCC complaint, and sent "STOP" to one of the messages. Unfortunately, the ugotacrush.com website states that AT&T customers will be charged $19.99 a month for receiving these calls, and they will be billed to their wireless account. I am definately not paying this outrageous fee, since my total bill is under $10 a month (on my parent's family plan). I never signed up for this nonsense, and really hope it stops. It is bordering on harassment!
     You can call customer care to add the purchase blocker to your account [Has To Be Done For Each Line On The Account], this will stop any further subscriptions and or purchases to your wireless number, you will also get a email with a pin number in it [For Each Number That Activates This Option]...

Purchase Blocker allows you to turn off their Direct Bill capabilities. This means that you will not be Allowed [Intentionally or unintentionally] to purchase Cingular Direct Bill content such as ring tones and it will prevent DirectBill Charges and subscriptions from 3rd party content partners.

This includes any new subscription as well as stopping the billing of any existing subscription. This can be done directly from the device itself.

• Simply access your Medianet homepage.
  • Select on Customize MediaNet option.
    • Should you need further assistance you can also contact customer service for further assistance, All contact numbers and hours of business can be found at this link HERE.

Also there is a reference number that the moderators of this forums have posted when they have responded to this themselves, I do not know what it is for or what it tells you, but I do know that customer care should be able to relay the needed info to you if you call and ask them about if....  reference # 79972

Message 23 of 24 (2,133 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

In case anyone from AT&T is reading:

The ongoing spam problem is way out of hand! I have 4 different lines of service w/ AT&T and 2 of the 4 are having spam problems on a daily level. The messages do not show an email address, they have multiple websites listed, the from number starts at 1010100001 and increases, and some of them contain explicit language!

As a customer I want to know when a REAL solution to this problem will be given. Turning off txt messaging on a teenager's phone makes the phone useless (in their eyes), the mymessages site doesn't give the options that we truly need, changing the phone # is just plain stupid, and I'm sure as **** not going to pay an additional monthly fee for: smartlimitsforwireless.

Why is it that the burden always falls on the consumer to fix your mistakes? I'm sick and tired of everyone simply pointing their fingers at the next guy and saying "it's out of their hands." If you can't stop the spam then eliminate the charges for receiving messages. Maybe we as customers just need to close our accounts and go "cell-free."

Any response?
Message 24 of 24 (1,765 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.