Just wondering if there is anyone out there waiting in line yet?

Mentor

Just wondering if there is anyone out there waiting in line yet?

I keep hearing stuff from the group of people that preordered and I was wondering if there is someone there doing it the old fashioned way - standing in line, and buying from the store. I also would think it would be cool everyone posted on here when they receive there phone and when they ordered it.

Message 1 of 14 (522 Views)
Scholar

Re: Just wondering if there is anyone out there waiting in line yet?

[ Edited ]

Ordered online (AT&T website) at 4:17am EST and 4:28 EST on the morning of 10/7. Phones are currently enroute to Newark from Indianapolis on FedEx, for delivery tomorrow before 3pm.

Message 2 of 14 (503 Views)
Mentor

I'm going around 6:30am in the morning to stand in line for ours.... if I get them, good. If not, we'll try later

Message 3 of 14 (440 Views)
Mentor

Anybody out there get their phones yet? Anybody waiting in line right now?

Message 4 of 14 (347 Views)
Mentor

got mine!! Got to the store at 7am - only 5 people in line - we got in right at 8am and I have been home for 15mins.... I was done by 8:10 Smiley Happy AWESOME SERVICE!!!! 

Message 5 of 14 (337 Views)

Drove to the store at 5:00am and was the first and only person in line until about 7:00.  AT&T store had over 100 phones in stock.  I was in and out the door in less than 15 min.  AT&T employees were very friendly and brought out donuts and red bulls Smiley Happy

I'm a little sleepy, but very happy with the phone and store experience...

Message 6 of 14 (294 Views)
Contributor

Went to store at 7:45 am (store opened at 8) - there was a line of about 25 people ahead of me.  Was out of there by 9:00 a.m., with no sign that there was any shortage of phones.  Line was about 5 deep when I left.  All in all, was a very smooth experience and the employees in the store were well prepared, friendly, and kept things moving.  Have to say: good job AT&T

Message 7 of 14 (279 Views)
Expert

This is good to hear, so early and lines not that long.  Mine is out for delivery, expected end of day.

Any problems yet with syncing up?  Just hoping Apple's servers won't be overloaded...again.

Message 8 of 14 (260 Views)
Tutor

Might try to go to the store to cancel my pre-order and pick one up. I ordered from the store last week and they said you could not pick one up in store and now people that didn't pre-order are getting there phone before me Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 14 (256 Views)
Mentor

My husband and I both synced our phones up with no problems Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14 (240 Views)
Expert

Great to hear!  Enjoy!

Message 11 of 14 (184 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I hope it works for you.  It didn't for me.  I am pretty annoyed with the preorder process.  I waited in line this morning..for my wife's phone and then jusasked if they could cancel my preorder and let me get one out of stock..there were tons of phones.  The very nice and helpful rep went through the process and why they couldn't do that.  I am pretty bummed but it has taught me that there is no reason to use AT&T pre order unless you don't want the hassle of the line.  If you want your phone on the first day, AT&T preorder is not the way to go.  I wish I had known that before. 

Message 12 of 14 (183 Views)
Mentor

That is cool ya'll got yours already! Mine is out for delivery and should get it by the end of the day. I am so excited but I realized the AT&T near my house did not have a line. I could have gotten it there and had it already but that would have only made a few hours difference so I can wait a few more hours.

Message 13 of 14 (144 Views)
Mentor

I personally think it was the pre-orders that went super crazy ... lines in the stores here have been minimal (but I went to an AT&T store, not an apple store ..... I try to avoid the tunnels around this area if I possibly can and the AT&T store is 5mins from my house LOL)

Most stores seem to be very adequately stocked

Message 14 of 14 (136 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.