(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2009 8:21:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by graphite07 on Jun 13, 2009 at 8:25:59 PM

Ziontec wrote:

1. Buy iPhone 3GS on my dad's line, which is currently using an iPhone his iphone 1g and 1st Gen data plan go bye bye,your dads line will be up graded to the 3gs,they will have to deactivate his phone activate the 3gs,then reactivate his 1g iphone then add the data plan to your line.

2. Pull out my SIM from my RAZR, put it in the 3GS, activate using iTunes after you add the data plan 30$ a month then add on texting starting at 5$

3. Result: I have an iPhone 3GS on my line, my dad's line is untouched nope you need the data plan on your line.

This will work right?

Message Edited by Ziontec on 06-13-2009 07:22:38 PM

when i gave my wife my upgrade they had to deactivate my iphone remove the data plan then activate the phone on my line.then readd my data plan to my line and

reactivate my iphone on my line.

Message Edited by graphite07 on 06-13-2009 08:25:59 PM

Ziontec wrote:

1. Buy iPhone 3GS on my dad's line, which is currently using an iPhone his iphone 1g and 1st Gen data plan go bye bye,your dads line will be up graded to the 3gs,they will have to deactivate his phone activate the 3gs,then reactivate his 1g iphone then add the data plan to your line.

2. Pull out my SIM from my RAZR, put it in the 3GS, activate using iTunes after you add the data plan 30$ a month then add on texting starting at 5$

3. Result: I have an iPhone 3GS on my line, my dad's line is untouched nope you need the data plan on your line.

This will work right?

Message Edited by Ziontec on 06-13-2009 07:22:38 PM

when i gave my wife my upgrade they had to deactivate my iphone remove the data plan then activate the phone on my line.then readd my data plan to my line and

reactivate my iphone on my line.

Message Edited by graphite07 on 06-13-2009 08:25:59 PM
hello!!!

Re: Just need a confirmation that doing this will work

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (1,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2009 10:07:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hi graphite07, so you said when you gave your wife the upgrade, AT&T had to deactivate your iPhone. Was this first gen or 3G?

If 3G basically when you bought it at the store, they activated the phone under your own number first. Then after that was all set up, they had to deativate it and swap the numbers and data plans and such. Is that correct? 

Hi graphite07, so you said when you gave your wife the upgrade, AT&T had to deactivate your iPhone. Was this first gen or 3G?

If 3G basically when you bought it at the store, they activated the phone under your own number first. Then after that was all set up, they had to deativate it and swap the numbers and data plans and such. Is that correct? 

3 of 7 (1,751 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2009 3:08:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Ziontec,

I had done the same when I bought 3G last year.

However, you cannot just put your SIM and activate 3Gs using iTunes.  You will need to take the phone to ATT store and ask them to transfer the phone and data plan to your phone number.  If your dad's plan requires data plan for his 1G, you will need to sign up for new data plan for 3Gs.

Ziontec,

I had done the same when I bought 3G last year.

However, you cannot just put your SIM and activate 3Gs using iTunes.  You will need to take the phone to ATT store and ask them to transfer the phone and data plan to your phone number.  If your dad's plan requires data plan for his 1G, you will need to sign up for new data plan for 3Gs.

4 of 7 (1,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2009 3:12:04 AM
(0)
Professor

cooliosam wrote:

1st gen iphone. yes they have to deaactivate my iphone and my 40$ umlimite data plan. activate the LG VUE then she put her sim card in the LG! then reactivate my iphone and enable the 40$ dats plan.yes correct.

cooliosam wrote:

1st gen iphone. yes they have to deaactivate my iphone and my 40$ umlimite data plan. activate the LG VUE then she put her sim card in the LG! then reactivate my iphone and enable the 40$ dats plan.yes correct.
hello!!!

5 of 7 (1,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2009 7:09:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
Anyone else? The people at Macrumors are telling me differently.
Anyone else? The people at Macrumors are telling me differently.

6 of 7 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2009 8:35:23 PM
(0)
Expert

Ziontec wrote:
  1. Buy iPhone 3GS on my dad's line, which is currently using an iPhone 2G
  2. Pull out my SIM from my RAZR, put it in the 3GS, activate using iTunes
  3. Result: I have an iPhone 3GS on my line, my dad's line is untouched

This will work right?

Sort of, you have to activate the 2G iPhone through iTunes again yes, the $30 data plan will be added to your line when activated through iTunes, but you will have to call customer care and change the imei on your dads line to the iPhone he will use and then also readd the data plan to his line as well again.

Ziontec wrote:
  1. Buy iPhone 3GS on my dad's line, which is currently using an iPhone 2G
  2. Pull out my SIM from my RAZR, put it in the 3GS, activate using iTunes
  3. Result: I have an iPhone 3GS on my line, my dad's line is untouched

This will work right?

Sort of, you have to activate the 2G iPhone through iTunes again yes, the $30 data plan will be added to your line when activated through iTunes, but you will have to call customer care and change the imei on your dads line to the iPhone he will use and then also readd the data plan to his line as well again.

7 of 7 (1,594 Views)