Just moved house, Microcell showing full bars and GPS but cannot connect iphone

Contributor

Just moved house, Microcell showing full bars and GPS but cannot connect iphone

Hi,

As the title says, I have just moved location (from Berkeley CA to Oakland CA). The microcell worked fine in our old house. I activated the new address yesterday and got a confirmation email saying that activation had been successful, however, my iphone 3GS does not seem to pick up the signal even though the microcell shows full bars and green GPS light. We have just setup a new U Verse internet account and cancelled our old internet account but everything seems to be fine as regards lights and bars on the microcell.

It should be noted that my cell phone number is not the primary number on the account. My girlfriend has the primary number and I have a phone on her account. She is away for a few weeks so cannot confirm that her cell phone picks up the signal. However, my phone worked perfectly with the microcell in our old location

Any help appreciated

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: Just moved house, Microcell showing full bars and GPS but cannot connect iphone

Also, I have noticed that since I setup the microcell that my normal reception has gotten worse at the new address. I did just have one or two bars but now it just shows 'searching' or 'no service' without any connection to microcell

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Just moved house, Microcell showing full bars and GPS but cannot connect iphone

Nevermind! I just sorted it out. I turned off the microcell and rebooted it...and it works, feel a bit silly now Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support