Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 11, 2011
3:49:47 PM
Just in! New Phone and Phone Rates
Edited by ShaunMN on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:11:12 PM

Just got my Iphone4 replaceded and it;s not working aswell as the first one, my calls are being dropped,, my old voice mail code had to be resetted, and I still don't understand why it's only 3g. my cousin is with sprint and when they upgraded to 4g her phone is now 4g also.

And can some one tell me why Boost mobile and Cricket,and T-mobile are offering the same plans as AT&T and we pay hundreds of dollars more!!!

I asked this question to an AT&T rep and her response was that we pay more because At&T service is world wide, My response was would not that make our services even cheaper, she said" we are paying for the towers".  I have several family member that have gone to these companies and compared their bills and services to mine and it hurts to see that we have the same plans and they pay between $90 and $100 less than me.  AND MY BROTHER IS 4G USING AN LG PHONE WITH METRO!!!!!

Someone help me with this, please.

Just got my Iphone4 replaceded and it;s not working aswell as the first one, my calls are being dropped,, my old voice mail code had to be resetted, and I still don't understand why it's only 3g. my cousin is with sprint and when they upgraded to 4g her phone is now 4g also.

And can some one tell me why Boost mobile and Cricket,and T-mobile are offering the same plans as AT&T and we pay hundreds of dollars more!!!

I asked this question to an AT&T rep and her response was that we pay more because At&T service is world wide, My response was would not that make our services even cheaper, she said" we are paying for the towers".  I have several family member that have gone to these companies and compared their bills and services to mine and it hurts to see that we have the same plans and they pay between $90 and $100 less than me.  AND MY BROTHER IS 4G USING AN LG PHONE WITH METRO!!!!!

Just in! New Phone and Phone Rates

[ Edited ]
23 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(23)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 4:16:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

stacey1913 wrote:

because boost cricket and sometimes t-mobile cater to broke people?

stacey1913 wrote:

from my white 32gb iPhone 4s

Re: Just in! New Phone and Phone Rates

2 of 24 (978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 4:29:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

torifriction wrote:

stacey1913 wrote:

Is it broke people or smart people? Smiley Wink

torifriction wrote:

stacey1913 wrote:

Is it broke people or smart people? Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 24 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 5:13:55 PM
(0)
Professor
The iPhone 4 is not a 4G device. No matter what happens, you'll never see 4G on the iPhone 4.
The iPhone 4 is not a 4G device. No matter what happens, you'll never see 4G on the iPhone 4.

4 of 24 (893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 5:23:00 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by josephz2va on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:24:39 PM

1) iPhone 3GS/i4 are 3G regular 7.2 MBPS. iPhone 3G is 4.6 MBPS.

2) iPhone 4S is HSPA+ (4G beta edition) 14.4 MBPS.

The "4G" phones out at the moment are version HSPA+ (4G beta edition).

Just a 2x speed upgrade from regular 3G. Android, Windows Phone, etc are running this edition.

This is not LTE 4G.

If you've watched the Apple video regards to Antennagate, you need to have a silicone case to prevent yourself from touching the bottom portion of your phone with your left palm. On just about every phone out there, the phones are sensitive to holding the bottom portion of the devices.

Be sure to install "Mark The Spot" by AT&T and record areas your connections are failing and they might send their trucks to the problem areas for maintenance. Might as they never fixed my problems completely.

1) iPhone 3GS/i4 are 3G regular 7.2 MBPS. iPhone 3G is 4.6 MBPS.

2) iPhone 4S is HSPA+ (4G beta edition) 14.4 MBPS.

The "4G" phones out at the moment are version HSPA+ (4G beta edition).

Just a 2x speed upgrade from regular 3G. Android, Windows Phone, etc are running this edition.

This is not LTE 4G.

If you've watched the Apple video regards to Antennagate, you need to have a silicone case to prevent yourself from touching the bottom portion of your phone with your left palm. On just about every phone out there, the phones are sensitive to holding the bottom portion of the devices.

Be sure to install "Mark The Spot" by AT&T and record areas your connections are failing and they might send their trucks to the problem areas for maintenance. Might as they never fixed my problems completely.

[ Edited ]
5 of 24 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 11:52:46 PM
(0)
Guru

I'm sorry but your grammar is very hard to keep up with....yes i said-ed it Smiley Tongue

I'm sorry but your grammar is very hard to keep up with....yes i said-ed it Smiley Tongue

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

6 of 24 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 1:56:53 PM
(0)
Mentor
i know exactly how you feel- i replaced my 3g phone with another 3g phone and it wasn't upgraded to 4g either! ... wait, no, that's how reality works.
iphones aren't 4g yet, sorry to say. they are dinosaurs behind glass screens with pretty logos on the back.

get a 4g droid if you're really interested in 4g, or wait for iphone to play catchup with everyone else. sorry, that's how it is for now.

i know exactly how you feel- i replaced my 3g phone with another 3g phone and it wasn't upgraded to 4g either! ... wait, no, that's how reality works.
iphones aren't 4g yet, sorry to say. they are dinosaurs behind glass screens with pretty logos on the back.

get a 4g droid if you're really interested in 4g, or wait for iphone to play catchup with everyone else. sorry, that's how it is for now.

7 of 24 (682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 2:10:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

stacey1913 wrote:

Curious, what real-world speeds is your brother getting? I normally get 1.5~3Mbps on AT&T 3G.

stacey1913 wrote:

Curious, what real-world speeds is your brother getting? I normally get 1.5~3Mbps on AT&T 3G.

8 of 24 (655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 3:44:10 PM
(0)
Mentor
att.com lists 3g as speeds up to 1.4 and 4g up to 21mbps - this is per the mobile broadband device page.
att.com lists 3g as speeds up to 1.4 and 4g up to 21mbps - this is per the mobile broadband device page.

9 of 24 (604 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 4:07:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

How can it be $90-100 less? Are you talking about multiple phones on a family plan? No way for one phone it is that much less.  We have two iphones and one regular phone, unlimited texting and pay around $170.

How can it be $90-100 less? Are you talking about multiple phones on a family plan? No way for one phone it is that much less.  We have two iphones and one regular phone, unlimited texting and pay around $170.

10 of 24 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 5:13:43 PM
(0)
Mentor
people with prepaid service paying 10 dollars per 90 day period with virgin mobile are obviously the subject in this customer's gaze.
people with prepaid service paying 10 dollars per 90 day period with virgin mobile are obviously the subject in this customer's gaze.

11 of 24 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 5:52:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:55:33 PM

aristizzle wrote:

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate. Do not evade the word filter].

I give up. If I can't abbreviate my feelings then I might as well not even participate Smiley Sad

aristizzle wrote:

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate. Do not evade the word filter].

I give up. If I can't abbreviate my feelings then I might as well not even participate Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
12 of 24 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:02:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

trlyka wrote:

aristizzle wrote:

What's the matter, trlyka? Was your post edited due to Guideline violations? Feel free to share as you please!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

trlyka wrote:

aristizzle wrote:

What's the matter, trlyka? Was your post edited due to Guideline violations? Feel free to share as you please!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

13 of 24 (255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:07:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

slammish wrote:
The OP's brother with MetroPCS is more than likely signed up for their $40 unlimited everything - period - plan. She must be on a family plan with at least one other smartphone user. I am a prepaid user and I get to skip the data plan for my smartphone. Hooray!

slammish wrote:
The OP's brother with MetroPCS is more than likely signed up for their $40 unlimited everything - period - plan. She must be on a family plan with at least one other smartphone user. I am a prepaid user and I get to skip the data plan for my smartphone. Hooray!

14 of 24 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:30:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

Seriously, Wild Banchi, it's time to nix the unlimited messaging package and switch to data feature package + Google Voice. Smiley Happy

Wild Banchi wrote:

Seriously, Wild Banchi, it's time to nix the unlimited messaging package and switch to data feature package + Google Voice. Smiley Happy

15 of 24 (246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:35:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I prefer messaging on its own... I would most likely worry about data charges and 3G coverage area... I barely get 3G in my own house. Besides, the whole idea of myself getting a prepaid smartphone was to avoid paying for a data plan...that would sort of defeat the purpose. Smiley Tongue

I prefer messaging on its own... I would most likely worry about data charges and 3G coverage area... I barely get 3G in my own house. Besides, the whole idea of myself getting a prepaid smartphone was to avoid paying for a data plan...that would sort of defeat the purpose. Smiley Tongue

16 of 24 (244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:40:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

trlyka wrote:

aristizzle wrote:

Yeah I guess it was. And I'm sorry if I violated Smiley Tongue I was just joking around for a little levity. It's that time of year where people's lives are undoubtedly ruined because they might actually have to wait a few more days for their iPhone. Can you imagine?!

Wild Banchi wrote:

trlyka wrote:

aristizzle wrote:

Yeah I guess it was. And I'm sorry if I violated Smiley Tongue I was just joking around for a little levity. It's that time of year where people's lives are undoubtedly ruined because they might actually have to wait a few more days for their iPhone. Can you imagine?!

17 of 24 (241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 7:17:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

You can still get data over 2G/EDGE. 3G is just faster. My goal was lowest yearly cost (since the GoPhones are just for backup). I'm not against paying for data. I just dislike the fact that carriers force it on you if you go postpaid regardless of whether you want it or not.

Wild Banchi wrote:

You can still get data over 2G/EDGE. 3G is just faster. My goal was lowest yearly cost (since the GoPhones are just for backup). I'm not against paying for data. I just dislike the fact that carriers force it on you if you go postpaid regardless of whether you want it or not.

18 of 24 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 3:59:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi its stacey and this is true, my brother niece and two cousins have metro pcs and they pay 50 a month for unlimited talk and text and internet .  I just wanted to know why we paid so much.. I have 2 family plans that means I  have 7 lines with AT&T and everyone with a smart phone has to have a data package. I spoke to a rep at T-Mobile and they are offering the same plan unlimited talk text and internet for 45 dollars for new customers for a limited time. I don't know who they can do this and I pay more. Everyone on my account pays between 82-105 a month for all 3,  because I am the account holder I pay more for unlimited talk $79. My bill before taxes is 136.

Hi its stacey and this is true, my brother niece and two cousins have metro pcs and they pay 50 a month for unlimited talk and text and internet .  I just wanted to know why we paid so much.. I have 2 family plans that means I  have 7 lines with AT&T and everyone with a smart phone has to have a data package. I spoke to a rep at T-Mobile and they are offering the same plan unlimited talk text and internet for 45 dollars for new customers for a limited time. I don't know who they can do this and I pay more. Everyone on my account pays between 82-105 a month for all 3,  because I am the account holder I pay more for unlimited talk $79. My bill before taxes is 136.

19 of 24 (192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 4:01:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

Not sure but I will find out.  I really don't care about speed I care about pricing, are we being over charge because we can access the internet faster than pre-paid providers.

Not sure but I will find out.  I really don't care about speed I care about pricing, are we being over charge because we can access the internet faster than pre-paid providers.

20 of 24 (188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 4:08:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

I would not say that, I have friends that down sized for practical reasons.  So that's not a fare statement.  Im on a fixed income but I've been with At&T for over 7 years.  So I need to down size, but I like their service and its not because the offer has not been made to me by AT&T competitors.

I would not say that, I have friends that down sized for practical reasons.  So that's not a fare statement.  Im on a fixed income but I've been with At&T for over 7 years.  So I need to down size, but I like their service and its not because the offer has not been made to me by AT&T competitors.

21 of 24 (174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 4:15:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was going to do that by upgrading to the 4g andriod from AT&T, until I found out that the 5 people in my family with the phone has to take it to the  AT&T repair store. Nope, I will stick with the Iphone4.  Now that the creator of the Iphone has passed I won't go for the Iphone5.Smiley Sad

I was going to do that by upgrading to the 4g andriod from AT&T, until I found out that the 5 people in my family with the phone has to take it to the  AT&T repair store. Nope, I will stick with the Iphone4.  Now that the creator of the Iphone has passed I won't go for the Iphone5.Smiley Sad

22 of 24 (174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 4:50:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

stacey1913 wrote:

There are many factors that go into the pricing differences between AT&T and MetroPCS.  One of the differences is that MetroPCS doesn't subsidize the cost of customers' phones.  AT&T subsidizes the cost of most of its customers' phones.  Couple that with the fact that AT&T sells more expensive phones, AT&T has more money to recover.   

stacey1913 wrote:

There are many factors that go into the pricing differences between AT&T and MetroPCS.  One of the differences is that MetroPCS doesn't subsidize the cost of customers' phones.  AT&T subsidizes the cost of most of its customers' phones.  Couple that with the fact that AT&T sells more expensive phones, AT&T has more money to recover.   

23 of 24 (166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 7:52:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

stacey1913 wrote:
I have 2 family plans that means I  have 7 lines with AT&T and everyone with a smart phone has to have a data package.

Having to pay for not only one but 7 lines is definitely the reason why your bill seems so much higher than your brother's MetroPCS phone bill every month. Paying for seven lines each month is a very big responsibility. It's definitely not going to cost only $50 per month...

stacey1913 wrote:
I have 2 family plans that means I  have 7 lines with AT&T and everyone with a smart phone has to have a data package.

Having to pay for not only one but 7 lines is definitely the reason why your bill seems so much higher than your brother's MetroPCS phone bill every month. Paying for seven lines each month is a very big responsibility. It's definitely not going to cost only $50 per month...

24 of 24 (151 Views)