01-12-2011 1:43 PM
01-13-2011 4:04 AM
I won't be able to help with many of your questions as I'm not familiar with the X10, but re: your ringtone volume - I suspect you will need to load some louder ringtones. Phones don't seem to come with ones that are very loud, so most people make their own and use something that is loud to begin with.
And I believe you'll need to set up "contact groups" to send text messages to multiple contacts at once. That option should reside somewhere in your address book menu options - it's pretty buried on the W580i, so look around for it within all the "options" and "other" menu selections.
- Doug Larson
01-13-2011 5:35 AM
01-13-2011 10:46 AM
Google navigation is part of the Google Maps app and does work in 1.6.
It works pretty slick and it is FREE.
01-15-2011 11:32 AM
1) Don't know about calls, but if you get an app called Ringo you can get a text notification from them that pops up on the screen (it also allows you to set individual message tones for your contacts)
2) Ringtone/ringer volume or call volume? Call volume can be controlled by the buttons on the right side of the phone during the call. If your ringtones/ringer aren't loud enough, go to Settings>Sound & display
3) Mediascape is an app from SE that organizes your music, pictures, & videos
4) Timescape is another SE app. You can have FB & Twitter updates, your emails, texts, and call log all in one place.
5) I think the only things you'll get charged for are AT&T's stock apps
Hope I helped!
01-17-2011 9:31 AM
Oh and how do I send out a mass text to everyone?
I don't believe the stock messaging has that capability. You need to download a messaging app from the Market. I have been using GoSMS, it's free and addresses your issues well.
01-17-2011 10:04 AM
Oops - looks like charlyee is correct.
Here is another thread re: sending mass SMS on the X10.
- Doug Larson
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!