Just got my Option GT MAX 3.6 Express card and

Teacher

Just got my Option GT MAX 3.6 Express card and

Message 1 of 9 (4,435 Views)
Teacher

Re: Just got my Option GT MAX 3.6 Express card and

it won't fit into my older PCMCIA II card slot.  Is there and adapter that I can get to make it fit?  My PC is a Dell Inspiron 1100 and is about three years old running XP.

Message 2 of 9 (4,433 Views)
Tutor

You ordered the wrong card. Call them up and swap it for the Option GT MAX 3.6 (notice the lacking of the word EXPRESS).

Express = for newer ExpressCard slots only.
Message 3 of 9 (4,383 Views)
Contributor

How do you tell which card is the right card for your laptop?

There is NOTHING in the online sales area that lists which type of card goes with what kind of laptop.

D
Message 4 of 9 (3,810 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
Just looked at it myself, and your right.  What a poorly setup "Specs" page.

Message Edited by Excalibur on 11-22-2007 06:53:29 PM
Message 5 of 9 (3,656 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]
Yeah, if you start from the following web page...

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/pc-cards.jsp

...and check each of the boxes for "Compare", then click on the Compare button. You get to find out the following.

None of the cards have...
Bluetooth
Camera
Push To Talk
Digital Talk Time
Digital Stand By

Duh!

All of the cards have...
GSM/GPRS
International
Video/3g
Text Messaging
Video Messaging
Wireless Email

Zero mention of the form factor - PC Card or ExpressCard, or USB.
Zero mention of the compatible OS(s).

Really, the only useful information on that page is the price and overall dimensions of the card.

Message Edited by DeeBat on 11-22-2007 05:10:43 PM
Message 6 of 9 (3,648 Views)
Tutor

I had the same problem.   I gave the specs of my laptop to the salesman.  They gave us the wrong card anyway... PLUS outdated "Cingular" software which was causing frequent freeze ups of my computer.    Nice.   Called tech support and they guided me as to what to download to get up and running.  Why in the heck would AT&T be providing outdated material to their customers??  Unwanted headaches indeed.  
  Now I'm getting "403 Forbidden" errors when attempting to access craigslist.  Its the only site affected and ONLY when using the PC card.  I noticed another member on here with the exact same problem...  *sigh* 
Message 7 of 9 (3,467 Views)
Contributor

There is an adapter, but it is like $99 or so (Saw it on Ebay this AM).  Better to try for a GT MAX 3.6 not the express version.
Message 8 of 9 (3,087 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Not had that error yet, but startup is problematic, have to plug in the card after bootup, then usually have to reseat two to three times before the 605 error is not thrown. 

Problem is I am on edge of the "good network" and keep sliding back to the Edge service.  I am planning to build a Cantenna this weekend but need to identify the external connector.  It appears to me to be an MMCX anyone know for sure?

Message 9 of 9 (3,085 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.