Just got back from At&t store and manager said 2G people NOT ELIGIBLE

Scholar

Just got back from At&t store and manager said 2G people NOT ELIGIBLE

to get unlimited data plan for $30. Said 2G is on different network and he doesn't have option to do that...I'll need to pick a new data plan just like a new At&t customer. Does At&t have an official statement on this? Is this for real or is he just misinformed?

He also said that I can't pre-order the phone through Apple and only can go through At&t. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Should I just pre-order it online to be delivered to my house? Please give me some input.

Message 1 of 18 (2,483 Views)
Expert

Re: Just got back from At&t store and manager said 2G people NOT ELIGIBLE

danano wrote:

Curious regarding the text message component. I had the 1st gen iPhone with the $20 unlimited plan and 200 text messages included. I'm upgrading to the iPhone 4 and going with the $30 unlimited plan. Does this plan include any messages or do I have to pay an additional $5/mo. for 200 messages?

you will ahve to pay additional for texting

Message 16 of 18 (813 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I preordered and currently have an original iphone with the $20 data including 200 tests.  I was offered the $30 data plan and could add a text package.  It was no problem.  This was all online.

Message 17 of 18 (778 Views)
Scholar

Yes, AT&T is offering those with original iPhones, the $30 data plan when upgrading to a iPhone 4.

I activated an original iPhone with the $20 data plan yesterday just so I could still have the unlimited data plan and keep it when I upgrade.

For those who are worried and still have an original iPhone that is not activated, you can activate it today using iTunes and get the $20 unlimited data plan. AT&T is still offering the $20 data plan for the original iPhone and is not offering the 2GB plan at all fr this phone on new activations. This will allow you to keep your unlimited plan when you upgrade to a iPhone 4.

Message 18 of 18 (754 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.