Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 27, 2011
1:34:05 PM
Just got a new phone, wondering about data charges

So I'm new to using phones for other than calling people. I just purchased the ZTE F160 and I see it plays music. I'm going to order a microSD card for it and I'm currently using it as a GoPhone. I noticed that with AT&T music, it warns about data charges. Are data charges applied for just listening to music on the microSD card? I know you have to pay to get internet radio and all that (which I won't use), I just want to listen to music on the microSD card. 

So I'm new to using phones for other than calling people. I just purchased the ZTE F160 and I see it plays music. I'm going to order a microSD card for it and I'm currently using it as a GoPhone. I noticed that with AT&T music, it warns about data charges. Are data charges applied for just listening to music on the microSD card? I know you have to pay to get internet radio and all that (which I won't use), I just want to listen to music on the microSD card. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 28, 2011 3:19:45 PM
(0)
Master

The only think I can say is you'll have to try and experiment with it.  I try to avaoid all ATT apps that have any hint of subscription charges.  You can keep checking to see if you have a subscription here after you try.:

http://www.att.com/db/

Accepted Solution

Just got a new phone, wondering about data charges

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2011 9:50:26 PM
(0)
Master

No, there is no charge for playing your own music on the phone that you put on it.

No, there is no charge for playing your own music on the phone that you put on it.

Re: Just got a new phone, wondering about data charges

2 of 7 (2,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2011 11:06:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

But I do use AT&T Music and just ignore the data charge warning?

But I do use AT&T Music and just ignore the data charge warning?

3 of 7 (2,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2011 11:25:08 PM
(0)
Master

No do not use AT&T Music (that cost money).  

Have you read your users manaual?

http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/ATT_F160.pdf

Page 28:  Playing an Individual Music File

You can use the following method to play an individual sound file.

1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Audio > My Audio.

2. Highlight a sound file and press the OK Key to play it.

No do not use AT&T Music (that cost money).  

Have you read your users manaual?

http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/ATT_F160.pdf

Page 28:  Playing an Individual Music File

You can use the following method to play an individual sound file.

1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Audio > My Audio.

2. Highlight a sound file and press the OK Key to play it.

4 of 7 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2011 11:46:39 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yea, I've been reading through the manual. It's just a little confusing. It says how to play an individual music file but from what I understand, you need to use AT&T Music to browse and play playlists.

"Some activities within AT&T Music require a monthly subscription for access. A free 3-day trial of all AT&T Music services is included upon first use. After the trial, you may subscribe or continue accessing the free local music player and Shop features"

So, am I right in saying that as long as I don't use radio stations and buying music, it should be free? I guess I could just try it but I'll have to wait until I get the memory card.

Thanks for your patience in explaining this Smiley Happy

Yea, I've been reading through the manual. It's just a little confusing. It says how to play an individual music file but from what I understand, you need to use AT&T Music to browse and play playlists.

"Some activities within AT&T Music require a monthly subscription for access. A free 3-day trial of all AT&T Music services is included upon first use. After the trial, you may subscribe or continue accessing the free local music player and Shop features"

So, am I right in saying that as long as I don't use radio stations and buying music, it should be free? I guess I could just try it but I'll have to wait until I get the memory card.

Thanks for your patience in explaining this Smiley Happy

5 of 7 (2,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 28, 2011 3:19:45 PM
(0)
Master

The only think I can say is you'll have to try and experiment with it.  I try to avaoid all ATT apps that have any hint of subscription charges.  You can keep checking to see if you have a subscription here after you try.:

6 of 7 (2,038 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2011 3:27:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

Oh, cool, thanks for the link and advice Smiley Happy

Oh, cool, thanks for the link and advice Smiley Happy