Helpful Links

Just got a new phone, wondering about data charges

Highlighted

Just got a new phone, wondering about data charges

So I'm new to using phones for other than calling people. I just purchased the ZTE F160 and I see it plays music. I'm going to order a microSD card for it and I'm currently using it as a GoPhone. I noticed that with AT&T music, it warns about data charges. Are data charges applied for just listening to music on the microSD card? I know you have to pay to get internet radio and all that (which I won't use), I just want to listen to music on the microSD card. 

Message 1 of 7
Master

Re: Just got a new phone, wondering about data charges

No, there is no charge for playing your own music on the phone that you put on it.

Message 2 of 7

But I do use AT&T Music and just ignore the data charge warning?

Message 3 of 7
Master

No do not use AT&T Music (that cost money).  

Have you read your users manaual?

http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/manuals/ATT_F160.pdf

Page 28:  Playing an Individual Music File

You can use the following method to play an individual sound file.

1. From idle mode, select Menu > My Stuff > Audio > My Audio.

2. Highlight a sound file and press the OK Key to play it.

Message 4 of 7

Yea, I've been reading through the manual. It's just a little confusing. It says how to play an individual music file but from what I understand, you need to use AT&T Music to browse and play playlists.

"Some activities within AT&T Music require a monthly subscription for access. A free 3-day trial of all AT&T Music services is included upon first use. After the trial, you may subscribe or continue accessing the free local music player and Shop features"

So, am I right in saying that as long as I don't use radio stations and buying music, it should be free? I guess I could just try it but I'll have to wait until I get the memory card.

Thanks for your patience in explaining this Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Master

The only think I can say is you'll have to try and experiment with it.  I try to avaoid all ATT apps that have any hint of subscription charges.  You can keep checking to see if you have a subscription here after you try.:

http://www.att.com/db/

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7

Oh, cool, thanks for the link and advice Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support