Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 13, 2012
4:36:29 AM
Just downloaded IOS6 beta....

Just downloaded the beta of IOS6 and I say I am impressed.  If you are a facebook user, it is well integrated into the new update.  You can update from the notification screen at anytime and you can pretty much add a picture or webpage with a push of a button.  Very similar to the way twitter is integrated. 

The maps is vastly improved in my opinion.  Turn by turn navigation will make you get rid of any previous navigation unit/app you may have. 

Tried Facetime over 3G and it wasn';t bad.  I called to a WIFI connected person and they said I was blocky but my unit worked perfect in 3G.

I think the best feature is the call waiting/message feature.  For example, if you are working and you see a call coming in on your phone, you have the option to swipe the screen and have an option to not take a call but send the number calling a text message saying "I am busy, will call in a bit" or you can customize a message.  Very convenient. 

Also you have the option of turning off all notifications/incoming text/calls called "Do Not Disturb"  Makes it impossible to be woken up by updates. 

Few other items as well including a smarter Siri, but those mentioned above make the update worthwhile.  I am very impressed. 

Just downloaded the beta of IOS6 and I say I am impressed.  If you are a facebook user, it is well integrated into the new update.  You can update from the notification screen at anytime and you can pretty much add a picture or webpage with a push of a button.  Very similar to the way twitter is integrated. 

The maps is vastly improved in my opinion.  Turn by turn navigation will make you get rid of any previous navigation unit/app you may have. 

Tried Facetime over 3G and it wasn';t bad.  I called to a WIFI connected person and they said I was blocky but my unit worked perfect in 3G.

I think the best feature is the call waiting/message feature.  For example, if you are working and you see a call coming in on your phone, you have the option to swipe the screen and have an option to not take a call but send the number calling a text message saying "I am busy, will call in a bit" or you can customize a message.  Very convenient. 

Also you have the option of turning off all notifications/incoming text/calls called "Do Not Disturb"  Makes it impossible to be woken up by updates. 

Few other items as well including a smarter Siri, but those mentioned above make the update worthwhile.  I am very impressed. 

Just downloaded IOS6 beta....

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 7:51:26 PM
(0)
Guru
Can't wait for the phone/message feature and especially the "Do Not Disturb" feature. My wife and I will get good use out of those.
Can't wait for the phone/message feature and especially the "Do Not Disturb" feature. My wife and I will get good use out of those.

Re: Just downloaded IOS6 beta....

2 of 10 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 11:59:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
How did you get that Beta version? Did you have to fiddle with those third party
Things etc?
How did you get that Beta version? Did you have to fiddle with those third party
Things etc?

3 of 10 (981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 6:02:47 AM
(0)
Professor
I wonder how the do not disturb feature differs or benefits from just turning off the ringer. Anyone know?
I wonder how the do not disturb feature differs or benefits from just turning off the ringer. Anyone know?

4 of 10 (960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 3:16:10 PM
(0)
Guru
The phone will not light up, ring or buzz but the alerts do come through to the phone. You can have it set up so that calls from your favorites will ring through and if the same number calls your phone repeatedly within 3 minutes than it rings through.
The phone will not light up, ring or buzz but the alerts do come through to the phone. You can have it set up so that calls from your favorites will ring through and if the same number calls your phone repeatedly within 3 minutes than it rings through.

5 of 10 (921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 9:03:04 PM
(0)
Guru

You have to be part of the Apple Developers Network, and it's not free.

Kerry78 wrote:
Things etc?

You have to be part of the Apple Developers Network, and it's not free.

Kerry78 wrote:
Things etc?

6 of 10 (888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 9:25:19 PM
(0)
Master

Kerry78 wrote:
Things etc?

It costs around $99/year to become a developer.  What you will find is that some apps that you rely upon may not work since the developers may not have yet updated their apps to support a beta. 

In the past, some beta's have been very unstable making the phone almost unusable.  It is also probable that you may not be able to downgrade without alot of effort again leaving you with an unusable or limited phone.  There are definately times that Apple is not kidding when they say do not use a beta on your main phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Kerry78 wrote:
Things etc?

It costs around $99/year to become a developer.  What you will find is that some apps that you rely upon may not work since the developers may not have yet updated their apps to support a beta. 

In the past, some beta's have been very unstable making the phone almost unusable.  It is also probable that you may not be able to downgrade without alot of effort again leaving you with an unusable or limited phone.  There are definately times that Apple is not kidding when they say do not use a beta on your main phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 10 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2012 5:14:12 AM
(0)
Master
I got as far as downloaded the iOS 6 to my computer. After running stock for 24 hours I couldn't stand my iPhone . Now jailbroken again and plan on keeping it that way. .
I got as far as downloaded the iOS 6 to my computer. After running stock for 24 hours I couldn't stand my iPhone . Now jailbroken again and plan on keeping it that way. .

8 of 10 (861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 2:37:42 AM
(0)
Mentor
iOS 6 build (10A5316k) is more stable than a jail broken 5.1.1 stock device.

Display recorder just went official, tethering is stable...reasons to jailbreak are few of ther than UI customizations.

I wish I could jailbreak AT&T CS and make it better tho.
iOS 6 build (10A5316k) is more stable than a jail broken 5.1.1 stock device.

Display recorder just went official, tethering is stable...reasons to jailbreak are few of ther than UI customizations.

I wish I could jailbreak AT&T CS and make it better tho.

9 of 10 (754 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 7:16:51 PM
(0)
Professor

IOS6 release date?  i cant wait for it to come out.

IOS6 release date?  i cant wait for it to come out.

hello!!!

10 of 10 (705 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments