Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 14, 2008
5:55:59 AM
View profile
Java game fails on Razr2 V9
I downloaded and installed Bejeweled from AT&T... it worked for several weeks but now hangs up at the "EA" banner.  All the other Java demo games that came on the phone still work. I deleted and re-downloaded the game, same result. I also deleted the game, removed the MicroSD card and tried downloading the game right to the phone's built-in storage.... same result.

In all other respects the phone seems to be working normally. Any ideas?
I downloaded and installed Bejeweled from AT&T... it worked for several weeks but now hangs up at the "EA" banner.  All the other Java demo games that came on the phone still work. I deleted and re-downloaded the game, same result. I also deleted the game, removed the MicroSD card and tried downloading the game right to the phone's built-in storage.... same result.

Java game fails on Razr2 V9

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2008 7:18:19 AM
(0)
Professor
Sounds like there is an issue with the game itself, if it wont work.  Maybe theres a newer form of the game you can try to get.

Sounds like there is an issue with the game itself, if it wont work.  Maybe theres a newer form of the game you can try to get.

Re: Java game fails on Razr2 V9

2 of 7 (3,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2008 8:25:05 PM
(0)
Expert

dmeader wrote:

There are 2 versions of the game available, one is for $2.99 per month and that is the subscription game and the other is $6.99 which is only the demo and lasts for 30 days, this game may not allow you to continuously download the demo version.

dmeader wrote:

There are 2 versions of the game available, one is for $2.99 per month and that is the subscription game and the other is $6.99 which is only the demo and lasts for 30 days, this game may not allow you to continuously download the demo version.

3 of 7 (3,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2008 5:40:20 AM
(0)
Tutor
Wilcre,

Thank you for your response, but I do not believe the $6.99 version (which I purchased) is a demo. Nothing on the purchase page gives any indication that it is time-limited. Also, demo games clearly brand themselves as a demo when you run them, and offer the oppertunity to buy the full version... they do not just crash when time expires. The games that came on the phone are all demo versions, and that is how they behave.

Thanks anyway.
Wilcre,

Thank you for your response, but I do not believe the $6.99 version (which I purchased) is a demo. Nothing on the purchase page gives any indication that it is time-limited. Also, demo games clearly brand themselves as a demo when you run them, and offer the oppertunity to buy the full version... they do not just crash when time expires. The games that came on the phone are all demo versions, and that is how they behave.

Thanks anyway.

4 of 7 (3,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2008 6:36:10 AM
(0)
Expert

dmeader wrote:
Wilcre,
     Thanks anyway.

Then unfortunatly you did not click on the "More Info" button, that is where he destinction is made, here is the link for you DIRECTLY.

$ 6.99 = Demo
Bejeweled
     Precious gems found here! The popular Internet puzzle game puts a wealth of fun at your fingertips. Earn points removing three jewels of the same type by placing them in a row. Choose a skill level, then unearth emeralds, rubies and diamonds to rack up points in this fast-paced treasure hunt! But watch your pace - if not working quickly at increasingly difficult levels the roof will collapse. In-game help and hint systems give clues to Bejeweled success!
Or buy the subscription for only 2.99 per month.
Bejeweled  - $ 2.99 * per month

dmeader wrote:
Wilcre,
     Thanks anyway.

Then unfortunatly you did not click on the "More Info" button, that is where he destinction is made, here is the link for you DIRECTLY.

$ 6.99 = Demo
Bejeweled
     Precious gems found here! The popular Internet puzzle game puts a wealth of fun at your fingertips. Earn points removing three jewels of the same type by placing them in a row. Choose a skill level, then unearth emeralds, rubies and diamonds to rack up points in this fast-paced treasure hunt! But watch your pace - if not working quickly at increasingly difficult levels the roof will collapse. In-game help and hint systems give clues to Bejeweled success!
Or buy the subscription for only 2.99 per month.
Bejeweled  - $ 2.99 * per month

5 of 7 (3,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2008 3:05:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by dmeader on Jun 15, 2008 at 3:07:04 PM
Sir:

Cell Guru that you may be, I do not intend to argue the point with you. I am looking at the very page you directed me to, as I have several times in the last few days. There is NOTHING there that says that what I purchased is a demo. Demos are customarily free, a monthly subscription costs a small amount per month, and buying the full game outright costs the most. By the way, I have found that after repeated attempts (perhaps 5 to 10) the game eventually loads, pointing to either a software or hardware problem with my phone. Perhaps the conventions for Nokia phones like yours are different from my Motorola. Since you cannot help me with my problem, I will not trouble you furthur. Thank you for your time.

Message Edited by dmeader on 06-15-2008 03:07:04 PM
Sir:

Cell Guru that you may be, I do not intend to argue the point with you. I am looking at the very page you directed me to, as I have several times in the last few days. There is NOTHING there that says that what I purchased is a demo. Demos are customarily free, a monthly subscription costs a small amount per month, and buying the full game outright costs the most. By the way, I have found that after repeated attempts (perhaps 5 to 10) the game eventually loads, pointing to either a software or hardware problem with my phone. Perhaps the conventions for Nokia phones like yours are different from my Motorola. Since you cannot help me with my problem, I will not trouble you furthur. Thank you for your time.

Message Edited by dmeader on 06-15-2008 03:07:04 PM

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (3,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2008 5:47:02 PM
(0)
Professor

dmeader wrote:

Main Menu | Settings | Java Settings | Delete All Apps

then download the game again.

dmeader wrote:

Main Menu | Settings | Java Settings | Delete All Apps

then download the game again.
Posted from my iPhone 4. Look at me I'm hot and nerdy.

7 of 7 (3,670 Views)