Jailbreaking and apps

Mentor

Jailbreaking and apps

Sorry for this stupid question in advance.

When you jailbreak your phone and then dloading apps via Cydia how do you know the apps are free or cost?

So far I havent seen anything that mentions price of apps....

I have an old Iphone 3g that my son currently uses as an Ipod Touch, just dont want to be charged for a bunch of crap he puts on it.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8 (1,397 Views)
Scholar

Re: Jailbreaking and apps

Well any app.  Your son would need your CC number to even buy paid apps and most paid apps are Try before you buy.

Message 2 of 8 (1,375 Views)
Scholar

if you want to buy the apps, it is usually tied to either an Amazon account or google checkout.

Message 3 of 8 (1,235 Views)
Professor

I don't think Cydia has try before you buy. That's Apple's walled garden side.

Note you shouldn't discuss JB as it's against the terms of use with AT&T and Apple.

Message 4 of 8 (1,231 Views)
Scholar

no but the rock store does have try before you buy.

I highly suggest you do research before you do any jailbreaking.

Message 5 of 8 (1,225 Views)

The app will indicate its cost, if there is a charge....

Cydia uses either PayPal or "authorization" through Amazon...

Message 6 of 8 (1,216 Views)
Guru

josephz2va wrote:

Note you shouldn't discuss JB as it's against the terms of use with AT&T and Apple.

I've seen jailbreak discussions before, so what is this guy doing that others hadn't done??? I'm just asking, so don't think I'm attacking you because you are one of the good guys on here.

Message 7 of 8 (1,095 Views)
Mentor

jjforau wrote:

josephz2va wrote:

I've seen jailbreak discussions before, so what is this guy doing that others hadn't done??? I'm just asking, so don't think I'm attacking you because you are one of the good guys on here.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Its an old phone that he uses for an Ipod basically. I have no agreement with AT&T on that device. He simply uses it on WIFI while at home.

I just wasn't sure how paid apps are paid for, now that I have played with it bit it ask you to purchase before downloading.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Message 8 of 8 (1,052 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.