Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 24, 2010
6:20:09 PM
View profile
Jailbreaking and apps

Sorry for this stupid question in advance.

When you jailbreak your phone and then dloading apps via Cydia how do you know the apps are free or cost?

So far I havent seen anything that mentions price of apps....

I have an old Iphone 3g that my son currently uses as an Ipod Touch, just dont want to be charged for a bunch of crap he puts on it.

Thanks,

Sorry for this stupid question in advance.

When you jailbreak your phone and then dloading apps via Cydia how do you know the apps are free or cost?

So far I havent seen anything that mentions price of apps....

I have an old Iphone 3g that my son currently uses as an Ipod Touch, just dont want to be charged for a bunch of crap he puts on it.

Thanks,

Jailbreaking and apps

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 7:04:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

Well any app.  Your son would need your CC number to even buy paid apps and most paid apps are Try before you buy.

Well any app.  Your son would need your CC number to even buy paid apps and most paid apps are Try before you buy.

Re: Jailbreaking and apps

2 of 8 (1,364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 6:34:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

if you want to buy the apps, it is usually tied to either an Amazon account or google checkout.

if you want to buy the apps, it is usually tied to either an Amazon account or google checkout.

3 of 8 (1,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 6:37:56 AM
(0)
Professor

I don't think Cydia has try before you buy. That's Apple's walled garden side.

Note you shouldn't discuss JB as it's against the terms of use with AT&T and Apple.

Note you shouldn't discuss JB as it's against the terms of use with AT&T and Apple.

4 of 8 (1,220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 6:43:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

no but the rock store does have try before you buy.

I highly suggest you do research before you do any jailbreaking.

no but the rock store does have try before you buy.

I highly suggest you do research before you do any jailbreaking.

5 of 8 (1,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 6:58:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

The app will indicate its cost, if there is a charge....

Cydia uses either PayPal or "authorization" through Amazon...

The app will indicate its cost, if there is a charge....

Cydia uses either PayPal or "authorization" through Amazon...

6 of 8 (1,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2010 7:04:34 PM
(0)
Guru

josephz2va wrote:

I've seen jailbreak discussions before, so what is this guy doing that others hadn't done??? I'm just asking, so don't think I'm attacking you because you are one of the good guys on here.

josephz2va wrote:

I've seen jailbreak discussions before, so what is this guy doing that others hadn't done??? I'm just asking, so don't think I'm attacking you because you are one of the good guys on here.

7 of 8 (1,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2010 11:11:52 AM
(0)
Mentor

jjforau wrote:

josephz2va wrote:

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Its an old phone that he uses for an Ipod basically. I have no agreement with AT&T on that device. He simply uses it on WIFI while at home.

I just wasn't sure how paid apps are paid for, now that I have played with it bit it ask you to purchase before downloading.

Thanks for the replies folks.

jjforau wrote:

josephz2va wrote:

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Its an old phone that he uses for an Ipod basically. I have no agreement with AT&T on that device. He simply uses it on WIFI while at home.

I just wasn't sure how paid apps are paid for, now that I have played with it bit it ask you to purchase before downloading.

Thanks for the replies folks.

8 of 8 (1,041 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments